Oil Pressure Syatem???

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
Hey guys, I just started to get my 91 turbo back up and running and I noticed after I changed the oil pressure sender that my Oil pressure gauge is pegged as soon as the car gets started. I am trying to figure out the issue, but my Haynes manual doesn't mention this at all and all of my searching on the TSRM has lead me nowhere as well. So I guess I am wondering if there is any knowledge out there about how this stuff works such as the ohms of the pressure sender, pressure switch, and even the gauge. Also it would help if anyone knew what the gauge would read if either the pressure switch or the sender went bad. Thanks in advance for the help.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
sounds like the wire is being grounded some where.

Try unplugging it and seeing if its still pegged.

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I was told that it would work. I also have a, I think the manufacturer is senkei, KG-810 that I have available. I did find that when I changed to the one I have now that I had done the wrong thing and attached it via the spade instead of the button on top. Sadly this didn't fix my issue, now my oil pressure reads 0, so I think that the repeated pegging may have busted my gauge. Any thoughts?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The stock sender and gage operate using a principle not found on most vehicles. Therefore most replacement senders will not only not work but will burn out the gage, as will grounding the wire more than a minute or two...which is why the TSRM specifies limiting current with a lamp during testing.