Oil Pressure Sender Questions

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Mainly just for clarification, but....what size is the thread on the sender (1/8 BSP-28tpi(?)), and what size wrench is needed to get a firm grip on it?

I'm looking at getting a 14mm crowsfoot for the ratchet i have, and i seem to remember a 14mm being mentioned as the size of the sender 'bolt' as it were.

Thanks in advance.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Second question....i have a snap-on mt37 oil pressure gauge, but only 1 adapter in the tin it comes in. The end of the hose terminates in a 1/8" NPT (27tpi), and the adapter...well...have a look. The thread length is 1/4" and it looks to be 7 threads, or 28 threads per inch - does that make it a 1/8" BSP?

Here, look for yourselves:

IMG_2986.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Whoops. We call NPT National Pipe thread. The thread is still tapered though.

When I was reading up there is a non tapered BSP thread. I am running a oil pressure sender with a NPT thread and just used a BSPT die to go over the threads on the NPT fitting. Threaded right in afterwards

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Devin LeBlanc;1747190 said:
Whoops. We call NPT National Pipe thread. The thread is still tapered though.

When I was reading up there is a non tapered BSP thread. I am running a oil pressure sender with a NPT thread and just used a BSPT die to go over the threads on the NPT fitting. Threaded right in afterwards

Still has the wrong taper...