Oil in intake runners

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
I removed my intake and noticed a good bit of oil in the 3rd runner and coating of oil in the others. I just had this engine rebuilt and the head too. The engine runs good.

The car does smoke some at idle but not under throttle. The IC pipe from the IC to the throttle body doesnt look like it has oil in it. The throttle body and hks pipe does not look like it has oil in it.

My turbo is 15 years old and has 200K plus miles on it. It does have a few drops of oil when i take off the accordian hose and slight shaft play. Yes i need a new upgraded turbo.

I have attached some pics of the no 3 runner that has the puddle of oil and the no 4 runner. A pic of the throttle and intake manifolds.

Is this oil coming from my old worn out turbo?

Attachments

• No 3 runner.jpg
    No 3 runner.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 19
  • No 4 runner.jpg
    No 4 runner.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 11
  • Intake runners 4.jpg
    Intake runners 4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 14
  • throttle pipeq.jpg
    throttle pipeq.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 27
  • intake runner1q.jpg
    intake runner1q.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 22

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i removed the egr system from the car.
I do think it is the turbo seals but i am wondering why the oil is so collected in the lower intake and not elsewhere post IC. I guess the oil is not condensing till that point.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
and your PCV breathers are atmospere vented... I don't know Hal, I had the same exact thing last time I took my intake off. Doesn't seem to be a problem though...?

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
well the oil is caking up on my spark plugs and i am betting carbon build up on my pistons. I would like to eliminate this problem and keep my chambers clean.

I guess i need a rebuilt turbo or a complete new one.