Oil dip stick

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
So I have no idea where this dip stick bolts too. I'm sick of pulling it out and the sleve pulling out with it. Thanks for the help with this part. My next problem is I put a cone air filter with a adapter on my car today and now when I get the turbo spooling it boggs down and shudders a little, after awhile it will stop and run fine whats going on I'll post some pics of it later when I find my camera. Thanks again.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
The dipstick bolts to the turbo center section. There is a little plate that bolts over the coolant passage in the turbo which has a threaded hole in it that lines up with the dipstick bracket

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
No ideas about the shuttering well maybe not shuttering but almost like missing when it hits boost. All in all it runs good if you stay out of it but I'd rather get it fixed so there are no problems with it later(there will always be somthing to do to it I'm sure). Maybe it needs a tune up? How do you go about checking the coils to see if one isn't working properly. I just retimed it, its dead on the marks. Cps????? Don't know where to start, there are no codes anymore, I replaced the bad sensors. Any help please and thank you.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Is your intake free of leaks and everything tightened down properly? Are you still running the maf sensor and if so, is the honeycomb inside of it straight and free of debris? Pics and/or vids please.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
Yes I am runnig the maf sensor and the honey combes are very clean and none are bent or anything that I can see. And yes the IC piping is tight all vacuum line and pipeing have new clamps and are tight, I doulble checked them today. But it still does it I also checked for any cracks or pin holes in all the pipeing but none that I could see either. I will however change all the spark plugs and wires next weekend when I get paid maybe thats all it needs.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I will post some pics tonight of the intake I put on to fix the broke stock one which was broke bad lol.

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
Your missing a few vacuum lines. i don't know if it will effect anything. but its definatly worth a try... there is supposed to be a line from the bracket that the line from the CC canister goes to all the way to the Bvsv. and another one coming off the bvsv going who the hell knows where. Just trying to help. Hope this makes sense in your guys minds.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya he has the cc venting and the other line capped on the valve covers.

Your not gaining anything with that there. Hook up everything back to stock and then go from there.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
When I bought the thats how they were hooked up. I couldn't follow the diagrams in the tsrm. All though you guys might be able to tell me where to put them. Also I was told the jdm motors dont have all the lines american motors have, is this really true? On a lighter note I got my rear shocks out in less than hour even having to remove the trim panels lol. We shall see how long it takes to put them in.

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
Hard to tell by the photo but it also looks like both the ports on the bsvs are broken off, which might have been the reason for the removed vac lines. If thats the case you will need a new bsvs valve as well.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
I have solution to my shuttering. There was vacuum line that was off under the intake, fixed that problem. Now I'm still trying to figure out where the dipstick goes. Does it bolt behind the turbo or on the front any pics that someone has could help I'm more of a visual learner sometimes thanks.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya and its threaded.

Should be on the block off plate above where the cool lines are.

In this pic it is the plate(not there) that is on top. If yours doesn't have it you have the wrong plate.
ct26_06.jpg