Official MKIII Smack down, High Roller Series and other VEGAS results here!

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Supra-K;1147937 said:
idk maybe it was just personal prefrence, but o man that was nuts, lucky the car didnt burn down, the crowd was freakin out at first lol but I saw your pass man it was nice, crazy 60', i got like 6 runs in you only got 2 right? and it was just a freeze plug that caused the fire?

Here is my little story I put together on SF.

Aight Gang, finally made it home after 10 hours of being beat down in the truck.

First off here is the latest setup.....

2JZGTE, GT42, Virtual Works Intake, Built Block, Little Head Work, TH400 Auto, 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft, Stock Differential setup very Aggressive, 26" Mickey Thompson ET's.

Here are some pics we took......

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

We got three pulls on the dyno........

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

After the show and shine on Friday we headed to the track for a little Test and Tune. This was the beginning of our challenges for the weekend. First pass we ran a 9.85 all boost. 2nd attempted pass we shot a freeze plug out of the #5 cylinder on the intake side(thank god it was not the exhaust side LOL). So at that point we were done for the night.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Spent the next morning hunting down freeze plugs. Got the parts I needed and headed to the track. Pulled the whole intake side of the car down at the track cleaned the hole installed the new freeze plug, reassembled, and got ready for the last round of qualifying. Got to run up against Vijay from Big Daddy, I ran a 9.69 on that pass which put me in 2nd place below Vijay's 9.62. First round of elimination, launched the car, knew something was wrong when I saw a BBQ up under the hood.

Pulled the car over and jumped out, cut switch, popped hood, it was not too bad at that time but it was burning some rubber grommets on the firewall and was slowly starting to burn in the cab LOL. Looked around tried to blow it out, no good, tried spitting on the fire, not even close, finally the track guy comes walking up towards the car, I yelled at him. " Hey man the shit is still on fire, can you move a little quicker." HAHAHAHAHA Got it towed back to the pits to find the fuel solenoid line for the nitrous loose. Geez!!!!:bigok: Swapped all the plugs, had John check what little logs we had, headed back to the fun run lane. The guy at the track asked me what I was doing in that lane, I told him " I am making another pass!" hahahaha

Lined the car up to run the personal best of 9.37 at 149.02mph with about 31.5lbs boost and 150 shot for 1.2seconds in first only! Oh yeah!!! That was the best part of my whole weekend! Vids and more pics will follow as they are ready.

Just want to again thank John Reed for getting this car ready and helping me work through all the problems. We still have more in it and did not get a chance to go "ALL IN" as we were wanting to do but hey, I WILL TAKE IT!

Here are a few more pics....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
nice man, crazy shit with nitrious, just glad that beautiful car didnt burn down, my jaw dropped when I first saw the car in the staging lanes lol, its super clean, but I saw your fun run it was damn near perfect lol and how do you like the th400? I was planning to go to a th350

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Supra-K;1147970 said:
nice man, crazy shit with nitrious, just glad that beautiful car didnt burn down, my jaw dropped when I first saw the car in the staging lanes lol, its super clean, but I saw your fun run it was damn near perfect lol and how do you like the th400? I was planning to go to a th350

Yeah no fire damage with the exception of a few rubber grommets in the firewall. This is what happens when you have no time to shake the car down all year before trying to race it.

Not to debate but don't waste your time on the th350, go th400. It can be built stronger to handle more power.

Jeff

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
becauseican;1146867 said:
HELP ME!!

I had a run in with wheel hop at the SILV drags tonight, and my fan ended up clipping my new KOYO radiator, and leaking all my coolant out, so here I am in Vegas and I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow (Sunday) and drive 1800 miles back home to Canada, I need a radiator badly!!!!. I need buy or borrow one, what ever you got. If your car is on a trailer and doesnt need a rad for a few days please let me know, I will ship it back to you as soon as I get back to the shop in Canada. My car is at the Hampton Tropicanna.

Call my cell if you can help me out, I will make it worth your while, I have lots of parts at the shop I can bribe you with.

Randy
(778) 772-8459

Sorry I could not help you out on this Randy. I thought you got it taken care of, if you would have called me earlier we could have taken it out of the car. I was loaded and running down the road at 930 on sunday, had to be at work at 8am today. Glad Jose was able to take care of you. Nice meeting you finally too.

Supra-K;1147982 said:
cool hope see it again next year! and ok man thanks

Next years plan is in full effect, and 9's won't be getting it done either.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supra-K;1148008 said:
oooo really? what are you aiming for next year?

8's..................:biglaugh:

sorry SupraK, but that was just too easy.

Somebody please post up some videos.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
aha yea +1000 on vids, yea thought id ask lol who knows, maybe skip 8's and go for 7's haha someday..... anywho does anyone know who made the video on the scenic drive? I really want to get a hold of a copy if i can lol.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
supramike7m;1148338 said:
whats up kevin, its mike. ^^^^ this guy got lucky and took me out of the s1 class.:biglaugh: good job. and of course dave did good again.

yo whats up man, I did get lucky haha it shoulda been you and dave :yelrotflm im not gonna lie, to bad i didnt get REALLY lucky and won the whole shindig :3d_frown: haha

azsuprasm

Apr 4, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Supra-K;1149002 said:
yo whats up man, I did get lucky haha it shoulda been you and dave :yelrotflm im not gonna lie, to bad i didnt get REALLY lucky and won the whole shindig :3d_frown: haha

I'm gonna hafta disagree with that one! I suck so bad with my new set-up that each time down the track, I shaved .5! Dave only beat my 60' and ET's on our semi-final run. I just gotta learn how to freakin' drive: Maybe I should train with Nick! :nono: The low time should have gotten the "bye" in that semi-final run, too.

I'm not planning on upgrading anything else for '09, so rematch?

Drop me a line if you're ever in AZ.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
yea i dont know about the other s-1 guys but I kinda felt like the racing wasnt setup so well, the tree, the pair up, the practice, hopefully someone gets it cleaned up for next year lol