OFFICIAL HALO UNIVERSE THREAD!!!

bigunitpitcher22

BoL Spartan051
Jun 13, 2006
vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
I saw that last night and freaked out dude. I was to excited to even type coherent sentences.
One thing I think would be sick for Halo RTS would be to not only be able to control and command troops, but to also be able to playout the battle as one of your troops and when you die, switch to a still living soldier.

"This is Spartan group Omega."

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
No here's a question for you Halo otaku:

What version Spartans were they?

Since this takes place 10-15 years before the Fall of Reach, are they Spartan I's or Spartan II's (Like Master Chief and the others we all know and love)? And if they're Spartan II's, what model Mjolnir are they? III, IV, or V with some 'artistic license' taken?

what say you?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Im hoping this game lets you play all the way through to "The Fall of Reach".

I havent read the books in awhile but I think those are Spartan I's. Nobody knows what ever happened to the Spartan II project, that one guy left to train them and thats all you heard of it. Its possible that its them but I dont think its probable. Why send fresh Spartans in first when you could send in the veteran Spartan I's with 10-15 years of actual combat in first.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
I don't like it. Halo is a FIRST person shooter not Age of Empires its a kool idea, just not for Halo. Now I would be intrested if you could go into first person that would be really neat.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
*sigh*...

I used to be an XBOX Live FREAK. If I wasn't working and my Supra was running (not having to work on it), I was playing Halo or Forza online...then I just moved like a month and a half ago, and DSL lines haven't been ran out here yet, so I've been going CRAZY. :(

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Yellow 13 said:
Im hoping this game lets you play all the way through to "The Fall of Reach".

I havent read the books in awhile but I think those are Spartan I's. Nobody knows what ever happened to the Spartan II project, that one guy left to train them and thats all you heard of it. Its possible that its them but I dont think its probable. Why send fresh Spartans in first when you could send in the veteran Spartan I's with 10-15 years of actual combat in first.

you got it a lil' wrong. the Spartan I's came before Master Chief. He and his group of Spartans were the Spartan II project. Chief Mendoza (Mendez?) left to work on what we all assume is a Spartan III project. Guess we'll all find out for sure when the new book comes out in Nov.

Yes, Halo is a FPS - hence Halo 3. Why not have a different type of game within the same universe? give it a shot.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Pretty sure master chief was in the Spartan I's. If you read the back of the fall of reach its says "it is the training ground for the very first "super soldiers" code named SPARTANs".

Mendoza left to train the second set of spartans after John, Linda, Frank, Kelly, blah blah blah's group.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
aww god, you're gonna go make me get my book.

Edit:

Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund,
Page 30, 1/4 the way down:

"When they had been seated in the risers, Dr. Halsey cleared her throat and spoke: 'As per Naval code 45812, you are hereby conscripted into the UNSC Special Project, code-named SPARTAN II.'"

Further Corroberation:

Halo: Combat Evolved Instruction manual, Page 5, second paragraph:

"Existing SPARTAN-II soldiers are recalled to Reach for further augmentation. The plan: board a Covenant vessel with the improved SPARTAN-IIs and learn the location...."

:wavey: :icon_wink :drink1:

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
SupraJDS said:
I don't like it. Halo is a FIRST person shooter not Age of Empires its a kool idea, just not for Halo. Now I would be intrested if you could go into first person that would be really neat.

sorry to break it to you, but bungie planned halo to be an RTS but they scrapped it and made it an FPS...you can go read it up, its in the XBOX forums. seriously though...

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
I think an RTS is a great move for the universe. Halo has so many cool elements, you kinda need an RTS to see them all battling it out. Mmmmm...so much Halo coming out. Halo 3, Halo Wars, the Halo movie, Ghosts of Onyx book, a new monthly comic book series in 2007 based in the Halo universe, and whatever the heck Peter Jakson's new Wingnut studios is working on with Bungie. I am one very happy Halo fan.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Apparently the controlls on the LOTR RTS that came out on the 360 were pretty darn good, not perfect, but definately playable. Now, a year or two of learning, and tweaking of the controlls, I bet they can get those controlls just right.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'm sorry you can never compete with the accuarcy of a mouse and keyboard! I can't stand FPS's on console of any genre besides Doom ( No need for mouse look hehe ), and an RTS would be even worse. I hope for everyones sake they release a keyboard / mouse if they dont already have one... I dont know enough about the 360 to know.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
I'm really interested to see Shadowrun when it comes out on the 360. It will be the first FPS made to be played between a console and PC. Hmmm....could be interesting. Personally I've slapped a lot of people around on the PC version of Halo using my wired 360 controller hooked up to my PC, and that has no auto aim. I find precision to be relative.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
A top mouse will will always beat a top analog player. You have a much bigger window of movement with a mouse, much more room to be precise... if humans were perfect then you could be as good on a pad as a mouse but we are not heh. Plus, missing a keyboard, means no hotkeys, or at least not many.