Offical: 2011 PacNW Centralia Meet & Greet - May 14th! (Saturday)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Matt: I just finished her up and will now be making it. Where/what time should the East Crew meet up with you? We've got three so far. As you know, we'll be coming in on 90 and will take I5 down. You still have my number?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
wetboosteddreams;1709656 said:
My ride appears to be bailing on me, which isn't a total surprise, but I won't know for sure until... I have no idea when. *facepalm*
Allow me to be serious for a moment... If your location is correct, it shouldn't be a big deal for the crew from north of you to swing over and pick you up. I could easily take I405 east of Seattle and merge back into I5 at Seatac. Adds 6 whole kilometers to the trip, and from my perspective, there's not much difference between 710km and 716km.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
6 km? I'll drive that far out of my way to get ice cream. If you need the lift, let me know, I've got a spare seat. 3 actually, but I've rarely forced anyone over the age of 10 into the back of a Supra.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
8am seems a bit early by my calculations...

Burlington to Bothell is ~ 60 minutes
Bothell to I5 & I90 is ~30 minutes
I5 & I90 to Centralia is ~90 minutes

By that clock, we don't have to be leaving Burlington until about 9am. 'Tis ok though, this leaves us some room to spare. I'll see you there.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Great time! Good food, good people, nice cars... can't get a whole lot better than that. Oddly enough I brought a camera, but never even pulled it out of my pocket, I was so busy talking to folks from all over. Nice to finally take some time to talk to Jim Sr - he's full of great stories. Mark, thanks for lunch, Serena, thanks for the company on the drive - the route from Burlington north was a near snooze fest, until the rain hit, then it was a white knuckle hydroplaning magic carpet ride! I had to pull over into the slow lane and keep my speed below 40mph.

To everyone who bailed because of the weather - HA! It was awesome for the whole show, you missed out. :)

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
^^ Yeah I looked at the forecast last night - said 70% chance of rain... woke up this morning about 6:30 and the sun was out :) It was perfect weather! It was great to meet several very nice folks that I had never met before and of course it was great to see you again Kenny - I will make the drive the other way the next time we see each other, especially after hearing how bad your drive back across white pass was...

I took a few pics, I will post after I get them uploaded to PB... (DISREGARD - weren't that great and no as many as I thought I took... not really worth posting I don't think...)

Thank You to all who helped make this happen - Charles

Last edited:

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
It was great chatting with everyone. Dave...next lunch is...well...TAG!! You're IT!

Kenny...I can finally put a sunglasses wearing face to your voice! Great to meet you finally man!

Serena...you need to get your car up from Cali and get your boost on!

Drysiders...plan a meet...it's high time we did something in the Tri...I'll keep my eyes peeled for an announcement!

I sadly came home with an unclaimed Coke Charles...I was hoping to meet you and personally shake your hand for being so understanding. Maybe next time bro!

Many thanks to the weather gods for providing us with some decent weather...my neck is a little warm from getting a few rays! Great to see everyone, and meet some new faces. See you all in Canada eh?!