OEM Toyota Filter Info

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I did not see a thread on this on SupraMania so i decided to make one post some info and ask a few questions myself regarding this.

This is in regards to the 90915-YZZG1 (known as 08922-02011 old P/N) oil filter. This is the filter listed under the parts catalog as the correct filter for the 1G, VZ. 22R, JZ, 3S, M, and 2TZ-FE engines.

Ive found that the dealer I work at and most other will just hand you a 90915-YZZD1 filter as it basically the same size filter and most dealers will have a huge stock of these. jdub posted pics of the YZZD1 filter in the conventional oil filter thread and since i didnt see any info on the YZZG1 oil filter i decided to buy a couple. First this filter is made in the USA and is almost idenditical to the Purolator Classic P10241 (and the old pureone blue) oil filter only it has a red silicone anti drainback valve like the PureOne. Also there is an O-Ring like that found on other Toyota oil filters. However the filter media looks different from looking at it compared to the Purolator classic and the regular Purolator. I have no means of cutting one oppen but just buy looking inside with a flashlight i can see it doesnt look like the same media used in the purolator filters or the OEM toyota filters. It is folded but it doesnt look like standard paper. If colour was to be compared the media colour is a dark brownish colour. Similar to that of the sponge type media found in the 20004 filters. The can itself is heavier than the Purolator PureOne filter and feels like the can walls are thicker. I would like to cut one open but i dont have a tool to do so. And i cant find any pictures on the internet of one cut open. Wondering if Jdub has any experiance with this filter or has cut one open. I would expect to find something similar to the Purolator oil filters, maybe something a little different maybe even better?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The US made filter is out of production. It won't be easy to find them aside from ebay. I thought he did have it on one of the sticky threads.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Nick M;1774707 said:
The US made filter is out of production. It won't be easy to find them aside from ebay. I thought he did have it on one of the sticky threads.

Negative, they are still in Production, Inventory shows 200+ in the gulf states warehouse and various dealers who choose to carry the filter. I had no issues ordering a case from Toyota.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not hard to cut em open, the actual tool to do it is simply easier and less messy as it's meant for dirty filters.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I can say as far as from looking on the outside with how i described it yes the YZZG1 is way better than the YZZD1 oil filter. I managed to find this pic on google images. You be the judge.

p1775473_1.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
JDMMA70;1775355 said:
Negative, they are still in Production, Inventory shows 200+ in the gulf states warehouse.

I don't think 08922-02011 is 90915-YZZG1. The part number supercedes because it is a replacement part. I think. Neither one is really worthy buying knowing there is much better full flows on the market.

I have one still. I will cut it open and then dubs can add it to his thread. Around May.

edit: No need to cut it open.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/parts/toyota_filter/index.html