Odd clutch problem

canadian

May 16, 2006
Victoria BC
After having the tranny/engine out I have it back in now. I went to press in the clutch and it immediately sprung right to the floor and stayed there. Almost like something pulled on it after I stepped on it.

How can I fix this, and why did it do this?

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
you dont have to bleed it....i had the same problem....i though, oh shit....i need a master cylinder.....just get down on your knees and with your hand, pull it in and out repeatedly....this happenes because its not circulating fluid for a period of time....just pull in and out for a couple of minutes and youll be back and running!!

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
TooGoode said:
you dont have to bleed it....i had the same problem....i though, oh shit....i need a master cylinder.....just get down on your knees and with your hand, pull it in and out repeatedly....this happenes because its not circulating fluid for a period of time....just pull in and out for a couple of minutes and youll be back and running!!

So youre saying that if you take the clutch lines apart you dont have to bleed the system?.....ok
Next time you take your brake lines off dont bleed them and go drive.

canadian

May 16, 2006
Victoria BC
DaSuprawolf said:
there is no need to separate any lines to remove the tranny.

so............ no bleeding

(if thats what he did)

What about the line from the resivoir to the slave cylinder on the tranny? I had to seperate that line...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
gravity bleeding won't work very well, and the clutch system as I've messed with it has never had the pedal go to the floor like that from having air in it...

sounds a LOT more like the snap ring on the hub popping off...

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
gravity bleeding works for me and my clutch pedal did go to the floor before bleeding it so i dunno

Last edited:

canadian

May 16, 2006
Victoria BC
Poodles said:
gravity bleeding won't work very well, and the clutch system as I've messed with it has never had the pedal go to the floor like that from having air in it...

sounds a LOT more like the snap ring on the hub popping off...

I'll bleed it first, if that doesn't work then that may be it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
pull your inspection plates on the tranny and look in there, if the clutch fork is resting on the pressure plate that's you're issue...