Not really a complete newb, but saying hello...

Feuerstoss

Nov 14, 2005
Colo. Springs, CO
Hey, all. I've been a lurker on here for the most part, but it's prolly a good time to make an introduction. Erm, I live in Colorado, and have wanted a MK3 since I was a little kid. As far as my current cars, I have my daily driver 1988 Honda Accord LX(98HP carb'd SOHC 2.0... wow it's fast...), and a bit of a project car in a 1988 Celica ST165 GT-Four(Has a MK3 CT26 in place of the stock turbo, ACT Stage 2 clutch, and a few other things.) I may be a MK3 owner fairly soon, as I may be trading the ST165 for a LBM '87T, 5spd Targa. That definately promises to be a fun car if I get my hands on it.

I am aware of some of the MK3's issues, and after working on a mostly non-running Alltrac for a few years(trust me, you never want to replace a GT-Four tranny), I'm pretty sure I can handle most of what's thrown at me... at least parts/mods for the 7MGTE are easier to find and cheaper to buy than stuff for a first-generation 3SGTE. :runaway:

In any case, this seems to be a pretty laid-back community, and hopefuly I can be counted among the ranks of potential/actual MK3 owners.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
It is pretty laid back,alot of helpful people around here.
Yeah,the Supra's are fun,I just got done wiring up a boost controller and now just relaxing.
If you do post a question as to maintenance on your car,just make it as explanitory as possible,not,"My car won't run,why?" ya know what I mean? Welcome

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
WELCOME! the first REAL newb to post in the Intro section! Plus ONE!

SM is a GREAT Supra site for MKII/MKIII owners and admirers... There are some seriously knowledgable people here... Ive owned 3 MKIIIs over 5 years... I wish I had done what you are doing, found a good site like this and learned before I jumped in... I would've saved SOOO MUCH time and money...

Welcome... Good luck in yur future purchase of an MKIII...

Feuerstoss

Nov 14, 2005
Colo. Springs, CO
Thanks... hehe. As far as the research goes, a lot of it is CYA and RTFM, to be honest about it... I've dumped more than my fair share of money into my ST165, so I'm just going to make sure to do it right this time. This site and MKIIITech have loads of valuable info at the hit of the search button. I swear, I spend hours every day pouring over old posts and getting some valuable insight.

As far as the car I'm looking at, it's currently a shell, but the owner's curious about the ST165... and the guy's got a junkyard's worth of MA70 parts around, which I'm willing to offer some cash if he holds some goodies for me.