Not just another TEAL!

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
actually...here's the engine bay as of a few weeks ago while we were test fitting:
engine_in.jpg

Yes..the top of the rad support still needs to be painted. We've still got a little body work to do. Full body pics coming soon.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
sid;1134286 said:
actually...here's the engine bay as of a few weeks ago while we were test fitting:
engine_in.jpg

Yes..the top of the rad support still needs to be painted. We've still got a little body work to do. Full body pics coming soon.

Awesome man. Looks real nice and good you chose to paint the coil pack cover same as the car. Did you paint the engine bay as well? Mine is close to that shine after I cleaned and waxed it lol.
I like this very much. Nice work.

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
Thanks guys!!

The engine bay is mostly painted...just a few exposed areas that still need to be painted. Hopefully it will be on the road in the next few weeks. Currently waiting on a custom drive shaft, and installation of the clutch pedals & booster, and electronics (AEM + gauges). The Interior will have to wait until winter.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
How many miles do you guys have on your teals? Mine I have has 76,xxx still just about mint too, I am currently getting ready to do a 2jz swap on it.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
suprastanger507mgte;1139839 said:
I've put up 138K - only 4k was put my me, the rest was put on by one and only owner before me.

Still not bad. Considering the guys that live in California are decently lucky not to have salt on the roads or snow. This car will never see snow though, which is good. I still have no rust, and I am happy I don't, the last thing I want is to tackle something on the car. The 2j swap I am going to do will be a adventure, because I am not familiar with the jz motors, only the 7m's, so we'll see what happens.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
92TealSupra;1139842 said:
Still not bad. Considering the guys that live in California are decently lucky not to have salt on the roads or snow. This car will never see snow though, which is good. I still have no rust, and I am happy I don't, the last thing I want is to tackle something on the car. The 2j swap I am going to do will be a adventure, because I am not familiar with the jz motors, only the 7m's, so we'll see what happens.

oh I forgot, my second teal one has 200k miles from previous owners. I just rebuilt and put a 7mgte in it ..not driven yet. Yeah , there is no rust issues here for me.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
suprastanger507mgte;1139852 said:
oh I forgot, my second teal one has 200k miles from previous owners. I just rebuilt and put a 7mgte in it ..not driven yet. Yeah , there is no rust issues here for me.

Well that is good to hear. Wow that sure is a lot of miles. Seems like it was a daily driver. I guess that's not a bad thing though, it's just the body has a lot of wear on certain components, like suspension, seals, paint, sun wear, and other things.

Mine is going well so far. It had a decent mount of oil build up on the bottom, I took a tooth brush ( Yeah I am that worried about having these cars that clean ) and cleaned the bottom for about 3-4 hours, and then under coated it with the rubberized spray. I also plan on take the whole rear end suspension off and making sure it's all good, the 2jz swap will come in time, I will mostly be collecting the parts I need to do the swap and then when I am sure I can really start doing it, I will go ahead and do everything.

How are your interiors, do you have leather? Sunroof? Tems? auto, or 5-speed?

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
thanks guys...i'm around Middletown NJ. i'm shooting for mid to high 700s. i'll take a crack at 800hp since fuel lines/pumps and filters just went in. pics coming. chassis has around 120k miles on it.

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
no update in a while. still need to swap out test 550cc's for the 1000's, AEM needs to go in, exhaust needs to be completed, new brakes, lines and teins need to go in, interior and of course a whole lot of tuning. shoot...it's going to be a long winter. exciting though!

engine_in2.jpg

current.jpg

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
Wow man the car looks great. Im also from NJ, Edison to be exact. I wish my 2j looked as good as yours