Not getting fuel pressure using FP and B+

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Hello all. First of all the car has been heavily modifiied. This is not at all stock.
1. The fuel pump has been rewired for the 12v mod. Followed shaeff's tutorial, and re checked all connections to the relay. Removed the stock relay and resistor. Spliced resistor wires together. Made a jumper harness and connected it to the fp and B+ on the chassis side connector.

2. A100 fuel pump, got pressure into the system about a week ago supplying power from the battery and relay used in the 12v mod.

3. Replaced the open circuit relay, and the main efi relay.

4. Looked at all fuses and none of them were burnt out. Replaced a couple just in case.

5. AEM standalone is getting power, it connects to my laptop just fine. Even tried swapping in the stock ecu but nothing changed.

The only thing I have not checked from the tsrm is the fuseable links. Could these be the issue? Maybe I missed a connection to something? I have lots of clips that are not being used currently because of the FFIM.

Thanks for your time.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Here is the relay setup. Red wire going straight to the fuel pump power.
Black is my ground going to the battery.
Black with red stripe is the stock fuel pump power wiring for the ignition switch.
And the Pinkish color with the inline fuse is going to the battery.

IMG_20130909_142026_863.jpg
IMG_20130909_142122_967.jpg

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Did you test the relay itself to make sure its closing and that it has power going thru it? If not apply power to 85 and ground to 86 and check for continuity between 87 and 30. If the relay is good then i would back sure your getting a good signal voltage from the stock fuel pump wire.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
kdog1988;1963758 said:
Did you test the relay itself to make sure its closing and that it has power going thru it? If not apply power to 85 and ground to 86 and check for continuity between 87 and 30. If the relay is good then i would back sure your getting a good signal voltage from the stock fuel pump wire.

Yea i checked the relay itself and it works just fine. Ill try the fuel pump wire then. Thank you.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
So i have no voltage across the stock fuel pump wire. I must have done something with it while i was running the power for the battery relocation.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Alrighty! So i fixed the issue and it ended up being really simple hah. The clip going into the harness in the dash wasnt as snug as it should have been. While I was checking the relay/resistor are in the engine bay. I followed the wiring back and noticed the clip wasnt all the way in. Those clips are quite a pain in the ass since its so clumped up in there.

Thanks for all the help everyone.