noredline's Phoenix ressurection (56K gets teabagged)

noredline

Yeah, I'd stands on that.
Sep 26, 2006
Chandler, AZ
Back in September of 06' I purchased my Supra from my buddy for $1300, got it all running with only minor complications. Then in June on the way back from Mexico my car has a massive drop in oil pressure and dies 5 miles away from home. Flip to current, got a new engine from SupraMike7M and starting for the most part a stock rebuild as it had rod knock, got some piston rings, rod bearings, main bearings, ARP's, and gasket set. I will update as I go.

Here are some pics of the car when it was running a while back.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Pics of tearing out the old engine before buying a new one
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Current progress pics
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Question right off the bat, engine is on the engine stand, should it be slightly "tilted", afraid the bolts are gonna bust off or some shit.

Goals for this car will be in the paltry 300hp range, and cleaning everything up alot, but I am taken the old block and building that one up a bit. Person in the pic is my buddy Adan that has been helping me on this project, also TurboTrev from these forums is actively helping me and I want to thank him for all of his knowledge, as I'm sure he thanks me for the booze I provided.

noredline

Sep 26, 2006
Chandler, AZ
buckshotglass said:
New build, cool.
Find some big nuts or spacers, or shorter bolts so you can make them tight.
I was scared too when I saw them.

Did a search and saw that everybody was using M10x1.25x100, I took the slack off the hoist and it is holding fine, but scared to go forward.

noredline

Sep 26, 2006
Chandler, AZ
Update as of 3:22 in the morning in Arizona. Being that my head was already off of my old block, I found some complications in loading it into the hoist from the block. Then ran into problems with figuring out how to disconnect the engine from the transmission (next time I'm taking the tranny with it). Start putting in new parts in the early afternoon. Here are some updated pics.

ARP rod bolts (can't have enough just in case)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New engine (waiting for more parts)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Can you tell the pictures are not in order yet
sm_photo_missing.jpg

First box of new parts
sm_photo_missing.jpg

That would be me
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Still trying to figure out how to get the bastard disconnected
sm_photo_missing.jpg

My buddy Jesse
sm_photo_missing.jpg

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
ya-you should definatly take up the slack on the bolts-i used some old lug nuts for mine also as spacers. When pulling the tranny (assuming a r154 5 spd)-make sure to remove the cluth fork (just pull straight out)and all the bolts holding the pressure plate on the clutch. it should separtate after that-but probably will not if you dont remove the things noted above.

noredline

Sep 26, 2006
Chandler, AZ
BlackMKIII said:
To hell with that! You gotta get dirty if you wanna play with the big toys!

Is everything staying with stock dimensions? Bore and stroke the same as before?

Having it bored .20 over just for a tighter feel after reading so many threads ton people recommending it.