Noob spring question

SRZMK3

would these adjustable lowering sleeves work on a mk3? anyone know?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/82-83-84-85...ra&vxp=mtr&hash=item416038a247#ht_3871wt_1724

they are for mk2 supras.

do you think these mk4 ones would?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-95-96...ra&vxp=mtr&hash=item2316fbd62f#ht_3842wt_1724

i am wondering because i really want springs that are easy to adjust hide height since i am in a 4 seasons location. and still be able to buy gas afterwards/..

and i cant seem to find lowering sleeves for the mk3 specific application im sure that one of these sleeves will be able to sit on the strut.. because the spring isnt going anywhere its the sleeve that does the seating in this case..

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nope and nope. Looking at the ads, they look rather Chinaman Mfg, Incorporated to me, so take that for what it's worth.

The Mk2 has a completely different suspension up front than the Mk3, and I believe the rear is slightly different as well, but I could be mistaken on that part. There are coilover options out there for reasonable prices, especially if you get gently used parts, and suspension is generally one of those things best designed as a system. Lower your car too much and your struts aren't going to like it for long, hence why springs and shocks are best bought at the same time.

Hopefully someone with more experience in this field pops in and clarifies what I'm trying to get at here...

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the mk2 rear suspension, which as you can see, is no where near close to the mk3

rearinstalled.jpg

and yes they look cheap, so id pass on them, casue really in the long run, when you cheap out, it bites you in the ass later.

coil spring clamps would probably last longer
mrg1280.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Another thing to consider, how safe do you feel using something that is pretty much a hack of a fix? Clamping your springs down like that would play absolute hell on the shocks wouldn't it? I would think the car would float like a Buick if the springs weren't matched reasonably well...