noob-like question??

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
So I've noticed the letters BPU on this and a few other Supra forums. So my question is what the hell does BPU stand for? P/S: Please dont flame me to bad!! lol.....

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
MKIII N00b said:
british pound unit.

?? Um,.. okay......thanks.. I guess. Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? I've noticed that some MKIV owners use "BPU" when in reference to their rides...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
butt pirate university

I honestly don't know, nor care. Some gay Mk4 term that was trademarked or copyrighted by Mark Tozer, King of Douchebaggery.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Yeah I kinda think so myself. I was just wondering though. Like I said earlier it's something that I mostly hear MKIV owners use in reference to their respective rides, I guess it makes them feel special, no?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
RHDMK3 said:
Yeah I kinda think so myself. I was just wondering though. Like I said earlier it's something that I mostly hear MKIV owners use in reference to their respective rides, I guess it makes them feel special, no?
mark tozer(suprasport) made it to sell parts in packages as the 'bpu package'

then added + for every mod after that (intercooler, cam gears, etc)

problem is anything after just bpu, unless you say exactly what the + is, no one really knows. :dunno:

and people throw the term around so much out of context. I see so many people on SF say they're 'bpu' and all they have is an exhaust and a filter.

just to be simple, bpu is whatever you do on stocktwins for the most part, excluding people like stu hagen who have taken stock twins to a whole other level(500hp)

If people ask, it's easier to just list the important mods if you ask me... which seems to be catching on if you look at people sigs

Instead of saying BPU++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ , I see more stock twins(or turbo). or in the case of upgraded turbo cars, people will just say GT47-88, aem, th400 because the rest of the mods are more or less implied.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Oh I see. So basically it's just some stupid package that some retard made up to market said product's then? Right... sounds a little retarded if you ask me! Thanks for the info man.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
RHDMK3 said:
Oh I see. So basically it's just some stupid package that some retard made up to market said product's then? Right... sounds a little retarded if you ask me! Thanks for the info man.
yeah, and it just kind of caught on and become the standard like the term sawblades.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
trucker said:
damn tanya..i thought i had some issues with the elite attitudes of mk4 guys.....you seem to have some open hostility there......

I just quietly observe the chaos on supraforums, and the pompous asses that think their over priced jellybean is God's gift to the planet. A lot of them have very shitty attitudes towards other Supra generations and that's probably what makes me openly hostile the most.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Tanya said:
I just quietly observe the chaos on supraforums, and the pompous asses that think their over priced jellybean is God's gift to the planet. A lot of them have very shitty attitudes towards other Supra generations and that's probably what makes me openly hostile the most.

You called an MKIV an "over priced jellybean"! LOL:biglaugh: I've always wondered why MKIV owners tend to be rather hostile towards MKI/II/III owners??