No start, no tach movement

mustangmatt98

Nov 11, 2013
georgia
Over a week ago I was timing the car and had the cover off the CPS and got a wire from the o2 sensor caught in there. The wire was fine, the EFI fuse blew replaced it and car ran fine. I drove it a few times shutting it off and starting it up a few times. I shut the car off in front of my house and left it for about 20 minutes came back out and tried to start it and the car wouldn't start and tach wouldn't move again. I replaced the fuse and it started up. I drove it a few more times and it happened again and replaced the fuse with a 20 amp this time. Last night I went to pick up dinner for the family, parked it and went inside to get the food, came back out and same thing, tach not moving. The fuse wasn't blown this time but I replaced it with another fuse and this time it wouldn't start. I towed it home and thinking maybe I had dirty contacts on the cps I pulled it and sanded all the surfaces. I checked for power at the injectors and coil packs and they both have power I checked all fuses and found none blown. The harness for the CPS seems to be in good condition I wiggled the wires on both sides and nothing has changed. Still no tach movement while cranking making me think it is a CPS problem but I don't see it going bad a week after the fact. Each time the fuse blew I checked around for anything broken and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Every time this happens It after the car has been driven and ran just fine then it randomly won't start. This time is a bit more complicated though.

Any help appreciated

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, the fuse was popping from some sort of short... and you allowed higher amperage through the circuit, and now it doesn't run?