No resistance no pressure plate movement on clutch

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
Kind of stumped here Just finished a rebuild dropped engine and tranny back in car I changed out the oem clutch with a stage 2 new pressure plate pilot bearing etc. the pressure plates side by side were same thickness just less slits and the clutch plate lighter and more of a grip material.

I attached the slave cylinder go to push the clutch to check it out and its like there isn't even anything there. It falls to the floor and stays there.
I am under the car having the wife push the clutch and nothing is happening, the fork not moving at all if i push the tail of the fork towards the rear of the car as the wife moved the clutch it would push the tail back towards the front. Everything worked with the system prior to the removal. Is there fork not properly installed? Am I overlooking something?
Fork rides around the TOB pin then slides down to hold fork.
Anyone run into this?

R154 89 7mgte

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
so I took off the slave cleaned it bled the system (was fairly dirty) reinstalled (double checked the dowel pin is in the notch of the fork ) bled while again while under and clutch pressed air removed tighten repeat. Still same result, While clutch pressed it is no where near to even pulling on the throw out, it honestly doesn't move.
it almost acts like it wont push far enough. If I hand tension on the fork when clutch is pressed it pushes but acts like it wont press far enough to pull the throw out bearing.
Going to check the TSRM for a break down make sure I'm not missing something on fork just to be safe. crap slave is possible i suppose but want to make sure not something goofy before running into same issue 3 days after new part,

How much movement is in the fork without the Slave attached? I keep thinking I have alot of wiggle play on the fork.

Last edited:

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
I'll reinstall fork after work today just to be safe. Might get another Slave on order also, If anyone knows other possible fix wont hurt to have an extra too

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
I do believe so yeah, the black tang that rests the fork on the TOB lip. I'll grab a few pics tomorrow after work. Showing what Its doing also. Possibly forgetting something but everything looks ok