No Power From The Injector Plugs

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
UpbeatFish;1235619 said:
has this happen to anyone before?

is there any pointers to fix this problem?

Could you elaborate?

Possibly check your fuses and efi relay.

The power for the injectors comes from the ignition switch (IG2 circuit) and goes into the fuel injector resistor box, from there the power then goes to the injectors.

I hope this helps out a bit.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Actually, the power for the injectors comes directly from the ignition switch (IG2 circuit). Depending on whether they are low resistance or high resistance injectors (depends on model and year), it will go through an injector resistor bank before it reaches the injector connector.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
3p141592654;1235820 said:
Actually, the power for the injectors comes directly from the ignition switch (IG2 circuit). Depending on whether they are low resistance or high resistance injectors (depends on model and year), it will go through an injector resistor bank before it reaches the injector connector.

Thanks I edited my post for confusion issues.

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
im not too sure what else to add, my cold injector wasnt working and i was following the cable to see if anything was cutt or loose cuz the guy i bought the car from didnt take car of the wires much, heres a pic (in the bottom)

as you can see the wires are all messed up
well i decided i couldnt do it. so me my dad and my mechanic put all the parts back on so it can run and just take it to a shop so they can help me out with the cold injector

but once everything was back on the mechanic took out this plug with a light bulb that goes onto the injector plugs ; when we cranked the car the bulb DIDNT light up and the car was not starting for some reason, we checked the efi and a fuses on the bottom right click panel but they were all good.

Attachments

• DSC00912.jpg
    DSC00912.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 16

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
rabidchimp;1236194 said:
Has the car ever run since you've owned it? Check all of the "engine" grounds in the engine bay. Verify that the timing belt is not broken. Check engine wiring harness connections at the ECU.
-Aaron

yup it ran like a champ

the connection to the ecu ;check
timing belt; check
ground, got it thanks ill check that thank you

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
it seems that my car was auto before and i needed to ground a blue and black wire. after grounding the car started