NO Power before Boost?

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
A friend of mine has a pretty stock 92 Turbo, the only mod on the car is exhaust - turbo elbow-dp-HKS catback. Ive never driven or been in a Supra that was this stock before so I dont know if this is normal, but before the boost hits this car has ZERO power. By zero I mean, it barely moves, feels like its in the wrong gear. Then the boost hits and it pulls real smooth. So is this normal? My car, although highly modified, is not like this at all. I can keep the car out of positive boost and it drives like a normal car. This car has NOTHING without the boost, just falls on its face. What could be wrong?? Any help will be appreciated guys, thanks.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Bigdough666;1066031 said:
A friend of mine has a pretty stock 92 Turbo, the only mod on the car is exhaust - turbo elbow-dp-HKS catback. Ive never driven or been in a Supra that was this stock before so I dont know if this is normal, but before the boost hits this car has ZERO power. By zero I mean, it barely moves, feels like its in the wrong gear. Then the boost hits and it pulls real smooth. So is this normal? My car, although highly modified, is not like this at all. I can keep the car out of positive boost and it drives like a normal car. This car has NOTHING without the boost, just falls on its face. What could be wrong?? Any help will be appreciated guys, thanks.

Nice cars in your sig. Anyways like people already said it could be a number of things. Troubleshooting is your friend. Also check for codes as well.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks for all the suggestions, I figured it was a boot leak or timing, just wanted to see what you guys thought. I think we are going to check codes and tune it up this weekend, see what happens.