No idle

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
I have a 1j in an 88 supra. I have been shortening and cleaning up the wiring and ran into some problems, but got everything sorted out. Everything was running beautifully so I began shortening a little more and tucking things away. Shortened the CAS 1 and 2, o2 sensor, and water temp...started the car everything was good. Than I went and shortened the starter wire (that runs to the cabin), went to start it and it starts for a second and than dies. If I give it some gas it runs and revs perfect, but as soon as I let off the throttle it will die. It doesn't sputter or anything, the revs just drop straight to zero. I checked the ISCV and everything looks good, I didn't touch that wiring either.

Any suggestions?

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
redo what you did. i know it doesnt make sense, but at least its somewhere you can start AND it didnt happen until u did this.

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
I went back and checked all of the connections I changed...everything checked out.

I checked my TPS wiring briefly and it looked alright, i will double check that though.

I'm basically wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms as me:
-runs/revs perfectly fine with throttle
-won't idle at all
-when throttle goes to 0% the car revs down straight to zero, no stumbling or attempt to idle.