no headlights, dash lights, tail lights!

Killer MK3

Jul 20, 2006
Chicago
so i replaced the little blue box from under the dash and nothing. when i switch them on i hear the back little blue box click ( by the tail lights, i head the fuse click under the hood, and i hear the blue box underdash click ) wtf am i missing here could it be that all my bulbs r shot? some one lease hint me in a way of gettin this fixed!:aigo:

thanks in advance for any info!

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
sounds like you have a short which is causing your fuses to blow, you arent supposed to hear them click as far as i know. check the fuses in the drivers kick panel to see if they are still good

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
The blue box under the dash is the retainer retractor relay, it can make your headlights not come on but it should not affect your dash or other lights. The retainer retractor relay makes you headlights come up and stay up and makes them go down along with making the head lights light up. I dont know if the headlights run through the light failure module but the rest do so may want to start here by checking output and input voltages to the box and see what you have. And for hearing the "fuse click under the hood" is it the relay clicking or a fuse blowing?

70dreams

MR.I GET IT DONE
Jul 17, 2007
New York, New York, United States
i had the same crazy ass problem .
have you done any work in the trunk ?
If so the ground for all the lights is in the trunk behind the center panel in the area of the trunk lock check there thats usually the culprit whenthey all go out at once . clean . its 2 sets of wires held by 1 10 mm clean up the ground point and ur rokkin

Killer MK3

Jul 20, 2006
Chicago
ground is good, i tryed replacing the blue box under dash and same thing, when u use my remote to lock/unlost all the lights come on and flash untill i put the key in and turn???

wtf!!

Pokey2301

Mar 2, 2010
Spangdahlem, Germany
have you checked all your lights to see if any of them are burnt out? don't ask me how, but this happened to me a long time ago and a brake light or tail light(cant remember which one) fixed it....:runaway: