No Fuel help

claytonguy

May 2, 2023
I have a 1984 Supra 2.8 engine. the engine cranks but I don't hear the fuel pump. I'm not sure
where the ECU FOR THE FUEL PUMP IS LOCATED. Can anyone help?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Fuel pump is in the fuel tank. ECU for it is the ECU for the entire car. Not quite sure what you are asking really.

Car ECU should be behind the glove box (general position) - although... I am more of a MKIII guy then a MKII guy.

If you're asking about the EFI relay, thats different and should be under the hood. I could never hear my pump so I don't test it that way.
Sorry I couldn't help you further.

Abe's 1987

Sep 5, 2017
Houston,TX
Why not jump the fuel pump straight to the battery to see if it kicks on. As easy as wire from the fuel pump connector to the battery positive and negative.

claytonguy

May 2, 2023
Fuel pump is in the fuel tank. ECU for it is the ECU for the entire car. Not quite sure what you are asking really.

Car ECU should be behind the glove box (general position) - although... I am more of a MKIII guy then a MKII guy.

If you're asking about the EFI relay, thats different and should be under the hood. I could never hear my pump so I don't test it that way.
Sorry I couldn't help you further.
thank you for getting back to my feed. I thought the fuel pump was driven by the ECU. I wasn't sure if it had a separate fuel relay
that sends the signal for the pump to come on. this is a project that has been sitting since 2005.