no cruise control after 1J swap

hockysa

Hi Guys,

Ok ever since I did my 1J swap on my Supra I never installed the cruise control unit untill a few days ago.

The car is a 1986.5 MA70 which had a 7M-GE manual with W58
and now has a 1JZ-GTE from a 1990 JZA70

Here's my original thread on sfau http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/a70-mkiii-discussion/86015-no-cruise-control-after-1j-swap.html

So far I've completed test A and Test B outlined on page BE-63 of the TSRM which indicates everything is apparently working normally.
I've attempted to depin the black/white wire (pin 11) however I believe the instructions on doing that were for 1990-92 models. My plug had no black/white wire and I simply counted to pin 11 and removed it with no success.

Only thing I can thing of is do I need a check valve for the vac line that goes to the cruise control unit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Benjamin

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
I thought the GE units would not operate under boost? I don't think this would keep you CC from operating. I know years ago of a guy running a GTE with a GE CC setup and it would not allow boost when in cruis but would operate.

Definitely do like hvyman says and check the cable. Not only that it is hooked up but that it actuates too.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
FWIW It was my understanding that there is a definite difference between GE and GTE CC units, and using the GTE unit with a 1J swap was the best way to get working cruise control. I could be completely wrong, read it a while back.

hockysa

hvyman;1901328 said:
Is the cable hooked up?

Yes the cable is hooked up, checked it yesterday when I did the de pin trick.

MightyAl;1901333 said:
I thought the GE units would not operate under boost? I don't think this would keep you CC from operating. I know years ago of a guy running a GTE with a GE CC setup and it would not allow boost when in cruis but would operate.

Definitely do like hvyman says and check the cable. Not only that it is hooked up but that it actuates too.

Is there a way to check that it actuates off the vehicle?