no BHG symptoms, possible BHG?

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
i dont have the smoke, oily brown coolant, milky oil, no waterfall effect, but i am leaking a bit of coolant, perhaps its just a few hoses that need to be replaced but is it possible that i have a BHG anyway? it doesnt sound like it but with a MKIII u cant be too careful, also if i retorqued the HG to like 80lbs or so it would pretty much be the same work as replacing the HG just about so i have no idea how to do this myself, if i had step by step directions with pictures im sure i could do it but if not whats the point in trying lol, if i paid someone else to do it i might as well replace the HG while im in there, if i retorqued the HG to 80lbs however, how much HP would it be able to handle and will it be able to handle like 300rwhp and a 60 shot?

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
definately but if the HG isnt blown i know its only torqued to factory like 56 or whatever, id have to retorque it anyways, if i have to retorque the HG i might as well replace it right? i mean im going in there or paying someone to go in there anyways

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
how much is a lot exactly 1-2k? and no im not prepared ATM but if it isnt blown ill just fix the coolant problem and upgrade to a test pipe dp and exhaust til i have the cash to tighten the HG

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ok so DO the Napa test find out one way or the other if it's blown or not.

If it isn't ask one of the local guys if they can help you do a retorque sling em a few $$ or buy em Pizza and fix it.

If it is blown stop driving it and start saving.

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
oh im not driving it anyway until its 100% operational, i just dont have any cash atm really so i couldnt even buy the test lmao ill wait til i get my check if i retorqued it wouldnt i have to lift the head anyway? forgive the dumb question but i know nothing about this

Malkavia

Aug 16, 2007
orlando
lmao i remember that one so true so true in orlando ill prolly just get to 270rwhp cuz most ppl here are ricers correction about 99% are ricers