NJ dyno/tuning shop

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
gettin to that point where i would like to find a dyno/tuning shop in NJ. im in cenral jersey and the car will be towed to the shop so something in the 1hr radius of me. would like to find someone on here who has gotten there 7mgte dynoed and tuned at a shop, price they paid, what setup your running ect. motor has a buch of bolt on's and is using the maft gen 1 system. let me know if anyone has advice. thanks

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
There are a couple of places give it a while some local will chime in. If u where willing to go futher I have a guy I recommend but u only want to travel an hour at most. My guy is in the bronx.

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
it depends on if i can get the car running good or not. i havent even started it or tried to so i doubt i can make it that far. because of this its going on the trailer i would rather not tow it that far just for safety reasons. but thanks

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
i KNEW OF a place in clifton but I can't thing of the name. I know plenty of guys that tune in jersey but they are honda guys and don't have much experience with supra's. The only place that I know of that is all around is Mother's on route 46 in Lodi N.J. They are alright.

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
i didnt want to go with turbo trix on rt1, and the only other shop i checked out was dynamic performance in manville. but they are a honda shop that said we "could" do it. i want a shop to say yes we have done it, yes we can do it, when do you want to bring it in.

F&H Performance

Feb 23, 2006
Tampa
Iveytune.com Been in the business for a while and has tuned several for me with no problems. We've tuned High Hp 7m's and 2j's. B.D Performance in long island new york is also Great! Whenever Brian is in FL he tunes my car and just recently we tuned up the good ol 7m and had it running strong @38psi and revving to 8200rpm!

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
F&H Performance;971756 said:
Iveytune.com Been in the business for a while and has tuned several for me with no problems. We've tuned High Hp 7m's and 2j's. B.D Performance in long island new york is also Great! Whenever Brian is in FL he tunes my car and just recently we tuned up the good ol 7m and had it running strong @38psi and revving to 8200rpm!

Share some numbers with us please.

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
83restomod;962684 said:
gettin to that point where i would like to find a dyno/tuning shop in NJ. im in cenral jersey and the car will be towed to the shop so something in the 1hr radius of me. would like to find someone on here who has gotten there 7mgte dynoed and tuned at a shop, price they paid, what setup your running ect. motor has a buch of bolt on's and is using the maft gen 1 system. let me know if anyone has advice. thanks

E-shift performance. I had my car dyno tuned there twice. i think i paid 100 dollars an hour with tunning. not sure. but i know they gave me a discount. Lots of supras have been there before. and the people that worked there owned a supra a one point.

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
csolstad;973532 said:
clinton NJ, wow, if you ever saw a red Mk3 tooling around, it was probably me. I also need to go and get tuned

do you live right off rt 31 by patric magarin (sp?) school? if so i have seen it around and parked there a bunch of times. you should come out to my car club meets. send me a pm for info.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
turbodriz;973779 said:
Share some numbers with us please.

Victor's car is street tuned, not a dyno queen. If he ever gets a transmission to stay under it, I'm sure he'll chime in with track #s.

As for NJ shops, I'd stay away from e-shift, I'm headed to NJ to trailer back a fiasco they mutilated later this week. Iveytune is pretty good AFAIK.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
chevyeater;976922 said:
Victor's car is street tuned, not a dyno queen. If he ever gets a transmission to stay under it, I'm sure he'll chime in with track #s.

As for NJ shops, I'd stay away from e-shift, I'm headed to NJ to trailer back a fiasco they mutilated later this week. Iveytune is pretty good AFAIK.

I can think of 2 good ways to keep a tranny under it, but he def wont like the first idea, and the 2nd is going to cost him an arm and a leg.

To the OP, E-Shift sucked when we went down for NE2k7. Their dyno doesnt read acurately at all.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
chevyeater;976922 said:

Street tuned at 39psi and isn't a dyno queen :ugh: If you say so !

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
turbodriz;978847 said:
Street tuned at 39psi and isn't a dyno queen :ugh: If you say so !

What is that supposed to mean? ::fundy::

I street tuned his car on 38 psi of boost. Do you want me to post logs or something?

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
foreverpsycotic;976982 said:
I can think of 2 good ways to keep a tranny under it, but he def wont like the first idea, and the 2nd is going to cost him an arm and a leg.

What put a motor that makes no power/torque????

No 6 speed going in his car. Just a rebuilt R-154

And yeah 38psi is street tunable. Last I checked, races are not on the dyno.