NJ dyno/tuning shop

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
chevyeater;979209 said:
What is that supposed to mean? ::fundy::

I street tuned his car on 38 psi of boost. Do you want me to post logs or something?

NO I don't. It means that it is hard to find enough room to street tune a care at 38psi. It seems that the dyno would be a safer area for those boost levels. Wasn't saying that it could'nt be done. I would just prefer to be on the dyno for safety reasons. At those boost levels I would also want a chart for those who believe that a standard stroke 7m can't handle those boost levels and that rpm thats all bro. Do u happen to know Vinny Ten? Last I heard he was out there in L.i. I know a couple other people out there like NRG tech.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
turbodriz;979598 said:
NO I don't. It means that it is hard to find enough room to street tune a care at 38psi. It seems that the dyno would be a safer area for those boost levels. Wasn't saying that it could'nt be done. I would just prefer to be on the dyno for safety reasons. At those boost levels I would also want a chart for those who believe that a standard stroke 7m can't handle those boost levels and that rpm thats all bro. Do u happen to know Vinny Ten? Last I heard he was out there in L.i. I know a couple other people out there like NRG tech.

Tampa (er, tampa mexico that is) has a bit more room to play than NY. We always take any and all nessicary precautions to make sure nobody gets hurt. No swerving in and out of traffic or ricer stupidity like that. Empty open roads with no entrances or cross traffic is where it is at and decent drag radials still usually hook 3rd on the street at that level.

7M can handle alot more than the average joker thinks it can. It is all about putting it together right and tuning it right.

Never met Vinny Ten. I understand he hooked up with a Nissan dealer out here now though.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
Chevyeater: definitly will agree with u on that the can handle alot more than people give them credit for. Once upon a time V Ten was the supra man. He told me that the 7m would'nt do it like the 2j. I always wanted to be different so I didn't listen. Last I saw him at E- Town he was drivin a Nissan. Anyways good driver and good builder. Definitly top notch type of guy. My car is in N.Y. still and I will most likely be finishing my build up there even though I know live in N.C. I'll keep u in mind come tunning time as well as series build time ( soon to come) more knowledgable info is always good.

F&H Performance

Feb 23, 2006
Tampa
I'll post dyno numbers one day when I;m at a dyno event again and everyone begs me to dyno until then my dyno is on the street or at the track. chevy post logs man show the world how much a B.D or F&H Performance 7m love 38psi and revving past 8k. I cant wait until I get the 280's and shimless buckets then we can really rev this badboy!

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
U think it will rev 9ish:aigo: I know that dragster revs like 9700rpm. There is no way to bulletproof the r154. You have to be close to the 1,000hp mark at 38psi. To bad your build is a secret would love to copy u:sarcasm:

blazerkd

Sep 11, 2007
dayton,oh
^^**.......that, and a good tuner should always tune the car in it's intended environment b/c different variables pronounce their need for attention even in the same car/build in a different environment.....**^^