nitrous intercooler spray or no?

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
forget the nitrous!! even if it is only for the intercooler. use the washer solvent tank like for the rear wiper. get some el cheepo solvent nozzles and point them at the is and run a toggle/momentary switch hidden in the coin holder.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
Nawz is expencive. kinda a waste spraying it all over the ic when you could put it in the motor. why dont you look into a CO2 sprayer? CO2 is much cheaper, can be bought at any welding supply place, and is plenty cold enough. just keep it from getting in the intake.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
boost fiend said:
forget the nitrous!! even if it is only for the intercooler. use the washer solvent tank like for the rear wiper. get some el cheepo solvent nozzles and point them at the is and run a toggle/momentary switch hidden in the coin holder.

pics? :naughty:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
If you're like me and you have the factory headlight washers you can use those. Just wire up the sprayers so they work without having the headlights on and you're set! And before you ask those headlight washers put out some serious pressure, they will work if you use the right fluid ;).

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
redsupra_Dragstar said:
so should i get a nitrous spray for my intercooler or not? if so, what kind should i get and how much shot should i spray?:evil2:

Upgrade your intercooler with the money instead. Intercooler spraybars are not adjustable with a "shot" size. The spray bar may be diffrent sizes, but really the only way to adjust the ouput of the kits is how long you have the flow turned on.

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
take a look at the wrx sti's ic sprayer. thats the idea im going with. buddy of mine has one and im looking to go that route. (oddly enough the wrx owner is the same buddy i bought my supra off of.)

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
thats why i find it smarter to use washer solvent than nos.

most washer solvents are not that flamible and nos is ultra flamable.
(i cant spell today.) its easy and a lil cheaper than all the other alternatives.

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
Supra_brothers said:
i don't know i'm not big on the whole lighting small fires in my cars engine
what, u dont like to have ur car runnning, nitrous intercooler sprayers make the intake charge less volatile by cooling it and reduce the chance of knock which is what i think you were refering too

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
but, isnt that why you would upgrade the intercooler anyway? to make the air cooler? and a sprayer thats cheap to refill vs lots of wallet crying, think ill go a lil cheaper.

and IF I EVER DO DECIDE TO USE NOS im not gonna waist it on the ic. its ment for the engine, not the ic.

last of me in this thread. i have no more to say.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
boost fiend said:
thats why i find it smarter to use washer solvent than nos.

most washer solvents are not that flamible and nos is ultra flamable.
(i cant spell today.) its easy and a lil cheaper than all the other alternatives.

Say what? Nitrous Oxide is a non flamable gas..... It does not burn, only makes a flame burn hotter when the 0xygen atoms are released...

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
from what I have seen from these IC sprayers, they don't do a whole lot, you may get a lil more high end power but I don't see the value unless you're running a big turbo, 4 row intercooler and just wanna squeeze every lil bit out.

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
gixxer750 said:
Say what? Nitrous Oxide is a non flamable gas..... It does not burn, only makes a flame burn hotter when the 0xygen atoms are released...

BINGO! it is just oxygen mixed with nitrogen while in the cylinders it is mixed wit fuel a chemical reaction takes place where the nitrogen and oxygen separate and the oxygen mixes with the fuel since the nitrogen is cold it make the air more dense also on top of the oxygen in the N2O you have the oxygen that entered through the intake so yada yada yada.