Newbie and son

clifspencer

Dec 23, 2008
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
I would like to start by saying thank you. I believe this site and the members are going to be a huge help in our project.

My 15 year old son and I have purchased his first car, an 89 Supra Turbo auto. We bought the car knowing it needed some help. We believe it has a bhg. We are going to start the deconstruction as soon as our manuals arrive.(I believe SupraCentral was the one who listed the phone number).
We plan on doing just a mhg and arp studs. We will likely have the head worked a little, I have access to a fairly good old time porter that owes me a favor.
If the block doesn't look ok, then we'll pull the motor and do a rebuild with a balance job.

My son and I both dirt race. I have a Crate late model, and he has a 92 toyota celica(Stinger class for beginners).

I would like to make an offer to the members here. I am a mechanical design engineer by trade. I can offer some CAD services if you have a part or idea that you need modeled or designed. All that I ask is that you be patient, I will use the part to teach my son how to model using Proengineer.

Well again, Thank you, and We look forward to an exciting build.

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
That sounds Awesome, Welcome to supramania. You should be able to find all your awnsers here. This is a Great site of info on the supra. You have any pics of the sup?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome, clifspencer. Glad to have you here. :)

I think this is one of the best Intro-threads I've seen in a little while...
But mostly because you're new here, yet you've already got the typical MKIII acronyms down. :biglaugh:
clifspencer;1214561 said:
We bought the car knowing it needed some help. We believe it has a bhg.

I'd love to see some pictures of the car you're working with as well! :)

Jeff

clifspencer

Dec 23, 2008
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Thanks for all the feedback.

Supra28, I'll gather up some pics, but meantime you might have something in your kitchen already, for last several years I have been designing blenders for Oster.

noah89t;1214978 said:
i'm with forcedtorque, where are you located? i don't know which members he is talking about, all of them i have met in south mississippi don't help anybody:3d_frown:

We are in Hattiesburg, MS. Feel free to drop by, most nights we are in our shop working on something.

I'll start gather pics of the car as the teardown begins next week.

Again thanks for all the help in advance

Clif

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Welcome. I wish my son would join me and learn about cars, but he's to busy play that damn PS3. Thats a good thing you guys have there. And you picked a great car to spend time together on. I've had 3 supras and its always something with these cars. So good luck and it's always good to see supras bringing families together.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Its great that you guys are working together on this! I wish my father took a lick of interest in my projects. Anyways we will be here when you need us, but I encourage you to explore more than just the tech section, were a full blown community! Welcome to both of you, have fun and good luck!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
thats a good way to start on a project. Me and my dad have always done whatever we could. And as the years go by we keep getting better at what were doing too. It was definatly the first toyota that we'd ever put our wrenches to.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Jayhall;1484101 said:
thats a good way to start on a project. Me and my dad have always done whatever we could. And as the years go by we keep getting better at what were doing too. It was definatly the first toyota that we'd ever put our wrenches to.

yea me to. im 15 and love supras and same as my dad...we havent ran into any big problems yet with the supra but im sure we will later on.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
welcome thats cool that you and your son will be able to bond my working and learning more about the supra....cant wait to see the build thread....there is a lot of good info on this site...