new turbo/same problem?

Sep 11, 2007
terrace b.c.
well i still have oil in my i/c pipes after i just installed a new boss turbo. i can't see oil seals not working being brand new. has anyone had this problem? or do you know what to look for? oil pressure has been steady. i'm down half a quart from driving 150 km/h.

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Is it visibly burning oil in the exhaust (white smoke and all)? What kind of shape is your engine in? Is there oil in the intake where the stock crankcase vents dump into, or is it only in the IC piping after the turbo?

Sep 11, 2007
terrace b.c.
Fozbo;1079820 said:
Is it visibly burning oil in the exhaust (white smoke and all)? What kind of shape is your engine in? Is there oil in the intake where the stock crankcase vents dump into, or is it only in the IC piping after the turbo?

there is just smoke on start up when it has been sitting for a few days (bad valve seals). the engine is in good shape there are 176,000 kms on it. the crankcase vents are dry. only in the i/c pipes is there oil. tomorrow i'll take up the accordian inlet tube and have a look in there.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Did you remove the IC and rinse it out?
If not, I bet there's oil condensed in it ;)

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Install a catch can and that should help keep some or most of the oil out of your IC pipes. Turbos combined with the factory mk3 PCV system makes it normal for oil to be present in the IC system.