new to the supra scene

88supraboost

Feb 22, 2012
Rochester, Minnesota
Hey guys im new to the supra scene, i used to own a VW corrado but just purchased my first supra last weekend. Im from Rochester, MN but go to school in Wisconsin. My car is a 88 supra targa top with the 7mgte with a few upgrades: 550 injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Adjustable FPR, Tubular manifold, GM4 turbo off of a 94 GMC diesel, wideband o2 sensor, lexus afm, 3in turbo back exhaust, HKS S-afr, ross pistons, clevite bearings, ARP hardware from head up. Looking forward to getting involved and learn more about these engines as i know that they have potential.

422328_10150592457938381_548378380_9064868_635871951_n.jpg

James T

Apr 22, 2011
Adelaide
Welcome 88supraboost.
Looks like you picked up something with a bit of potential. Pics are always nice!
You're right about this being the place to learn about getting the best out of your engine.
Enjoy!

88supraboost

Feb 22, 2012
Rochester, Minnesota
yeah it has lexus afm, 550 injectors, walbro fuel pump, and adjustable fpr. Fuel pressure is set at about 55psi under load and once i hit about 3500 RPMS i hit fuel cut and it still has the stock boost gauge and once i hit fuel cut it goes past 8 psi

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
First off, Welcome.
Let the douchebaggery begin. Become acquainted with a feature found on this forum, it is better known as the search function.
Good luck with your project. Not to come off as an asshole, just trying to save you some frustration. =)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
ForcedTorque;1809797 said:
You poor pitiful soul! You bought a money pit, and now have found this addiction on the internet.

WELCOME! May your days driving outnumber your days mechanicing and wishing.

Oh boy, this is QUOTED FOR TRUTH, LOL!

Welcome to SM! I'm a big fan of Corrado's! They were certainly over-looked by many but are great cars.
And it definitely sounds like you've got started on a good platform.

Now the name of the game is making wise moves to ensure your supporting mods see eye to eye with what power the car is capable of...
Combine that with some passionate TLC and a little bit of money and you'll have yourself sucked in and wanting more! :)

Jeff