New to the site!

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Thank the toyota gods for supramania!!! I am the pround new owner of a 1989 supra N/A targa top 5-speed white package. This car is the coolest vehicle i have ever owned!!!!!! I've been a fan of toyota for a long time but i was into the pickup trucks, after driving the supra one time i was sold! driving home it ran awesome, it was fast and all the other people on the freeway were like look at that lucky dog. when i got it home and in the shop i decided to install a stereo deck simple enough right? wrong! i happened to see a little wire ground to what used to be the footrest next to the clutch pedal! the guy i bought the supra from had said it was for an old stereo ground, well i pulled that wire out because i figured i would end up using a different ground wire, anyway i finished installing the stereo and the car turn on but would not engage the stater. everything in the car worked except for the starter and i was like..... huh? lol so i started testing wires to see what had power and what didnt and came to find out the keyed ignition wire to the starter had no power when the key was turned, i also found there was no power to the clutch pedal button and again i was like..... huh? so after almost pulling out all my hair i decided to look around on the internet to see if anyone had ever encountered this problem before which it turned out people had and THANK THE TOYOTA GODS FOR SUPRAMANIA.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not only did i get wiring diagrams that aren't shown in the haynes manual, but i got step by step instructions on how to fix the problem thanks again supramania i will recommend you to everyone i know or meet that enjoys toyota supras!!!!!!!

...........stupid little wire:: angry ::

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Welcome !!!! Fantastic to hear about another car brought back from the brink !!!
Hopefully we'll get to see it soon too... lol
What part of WA are you located ???

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
southwest Washington by the beach. everyone drives hondas out here and i am one of the few proud supra owners that get to blow the doors off of every one of those cracker jack toys

btw are there any supra meets in washington????

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
There was just one in Centralia a month or so ago. There are some impromptu meetings here and there. There is a meet in Tacoma in August. It's an all Toyota meet... Pretty fun though.

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Depends... Some are cruises, car shows, meet and greets, just hangout types. The Tacoma meet in August is an All Toyota meet/show with food, contests, and some pretty decent cars...

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
that sounds awesome!! what day in august? i might have to enter my diamond in the rough in a contest...

Attachments

• supra 007.jpg
    supra 007.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 5
  • supra 009.jpg
    supra 009.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 7