New to the site and Supras [MK3 2JZ Autp inside]

SikSol

Jan 12, 2012
Huntington, WV
Hey everone names Brian, from Huntington, WV. I've been into car for a long time and owned everything from a 86 GN to DSM's. I've always wanted a 2JZ powered car but mk4's are outta my pocket and where I live there is not much of a car scene so swap are uncommon. Anyways I seen a ad on craigslist for a '89 Supra with 2JZGTE swap for $4000. Only had $3000 available so I offered it, guy said he would think about it and little later said "If you want it come get it". I drop'd everything and drove almost 2 hours to get the car in the middle of no where.

The car looks rough and like nothing special but the swap was done well and the engine is healthy and strong as well as the tranny. Body is straight and no rust. Only real issue is the driveshaft seems to be out of balance that first on the to do list. It has some good things like a nice 5 inch thick FMIC but some the stuff is cheap ebay things like the turbo, mani, bov etc.. etc.. These will get replaced asap with much better units, the car is currently on the stock ECU but there is a Greddy E-Manage blue in the car. I would like to run a Haltech PS1000 (or PS2000) as I can get them cheap and have experience with them however Im not sure on how well or if it can control the automatic tranny since the mk4 autos are electronically controlled by the ECU. I don't have the funds to dump on ProEFI so I may consider AEM EMS as I've seen people have good luck with it controlling the tranny unless some of you have some better input on what to due.

All said and done would like to be at least over 500whp and mechanically sound then I will start on the other aspects of the car, suspension, body, paint, wheels, interior etc..

Enjoy!!

p1793496_1.jpg

p1793496_2.jpg

p1793496_3.jpg

p1793496_4.jpg

p1793496_5.jpg

Mal

Jan 16, 2012
West Virginia
well, long story short he wanted a car for other purposes, so i ended up trading him a 240sx for the car.... lol

i need to get a few things worked out with the supra, it has cold start problems and the driveshaft needs balanced. i think im just gonna r154 swap it after i buy the holset though.