New to SupraMania

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but not to the Supra. I've owned my 1987 Turbo since 1998, and my Dad owned it prior to that since 1991. I've spent many years and too many dollars tinkering with my car- from shimming the wastegate to blowing the HG to building it right. My best dyno runs after the rebuild were a little over 400 RWHP, but I haven't had it on the 1/4 mile due to transmission trouble. I rebuilt the trans 3 times (broken 1st gear thrust washer) and gave up on drag racing. I've been to a few of the SILV meets, but haven't really been active with the Supra community in the past few years.

I finally took the cover off the old car and got it out for a drive recently, and rediscovered how much fun this old car can be. I'm in the process of taking the front end apart so it can finally get refinished- it seems 20 years have taken their toll on the urethane nose piece and front bumper cover.

I work as a Toyota Master Technician, and don't really work on my own cars much anymore, since thats what I do for a living all day. Hopefully, if time, money, and motivation allows, I'll get back into things and "finish" the build up on my car.

Ryan

Attachments

• desktop2.jpg
    desktop2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 43

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
Thanks for the welcoming everyone!

My car is currently at the bodyshop, getting a little work done. It seems that 20 years has taken it's toll on the paint, so it's getting refreshed. I'll post up some pics and more details once I get the car back- sometime in mid December if all goes well...

Ryan

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Welcome! Your ride looks very clean and very nice. It's cool to see yours is being passed down from your dad. My dad is the original owner of my '92, and before that he had an 87/88 Supra.