new radiator available from FFD

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
just thought id let you guys know there is a new radiator available for our cars!

really dont know much about the company yet. im getting a couple of their products to check out.

radiator info- http://www.ffdynamics.com/products_aluminumradiators.htm

Supra86-92.jpg

Supra86-92b.jpg

any interest in these? i might be a dealer for them if im happy with their product. i know, price is going to determine what interest is. retail price is $599 for the radiator and twin 12" fans (3300cfm). the fans are roughly $200 of the $599, so looking at maybe $399 retail. if i become a dealer, i may be able to offer at a pricer lower than that.

just wanted to share with you guys the info, and determine what the interest might be.

thanks!

dave

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
looks pretty. are the fans set to go on all the time or is there a thermostat switch on there (like a preset 180*f)?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
they have their own control box that is adjustable for $99 retail. i believe it to be a digital in car controller, but not 100% on that. waiting for more details since they dont have the controller on their site yet.

you could run your own thermostat, or wire the fans to run full time. they only draw around 8 amps each.

on mine, i have a fan switch threaded into the csi port on the thermostat. that runs to a heavy duty relay that powers the fans. the switch is from napa and available in a few different temp ranges. i believe mine was around $25-30

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
935motorsports said:
looks like another haste/china radiator with their own fans added.

Notice the lack of upper radiator mounts at the top.

yeah, i noticed. supposedly the tanks are too thick to use the stock mounts, so you have to use their mounts. how "plug and play" their mounts are i dont know.

like i said, still waiting on more details. but wanted to gauge an interest to see if its worth my time.

edit: i went back and looked at the godspeed rads on ebay. you are right, same thing down to the drain plug and chain on the rad cap. looks like maybe they use the same rad, paint their name on it, and send some mounts.

regardless, will be getting some of their fans to try them out. they seem really nice.