New motor smoking.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Ok so far has been running for a few months forged .20 Pistons new rods, mhg,arp everywhere, ffim yadayadayada normal 7m shit.

Stock fuel and electronics for now wanted to drive it and break it in on stock ecu and fuel

So first start went well started it till full operating temp changed the oil was smoking a bit but the rings were not set

After the first oil change I drive it around the block drive fine went down a few big hills and did so decel hard vacuum type deals to
Help seat the rings. After the drive no more smoke at idle.

Blew the a freshly build ct26 about 100 miles of driving. After i rebuilt it I put it back in drove it drives great normal driving nothing over 4500rpm been driving it for the past few weekend start up fine no smoke at all little pig rich under boost but.nothing not normal.

Today I was getting it back from my buddy's shop doing a alignment I took it for a beat run for the first time since the new motor leaving a parking lot shifted into second and matted it hit about 5000 Rpms and there was a bit of blue smoke behind me a little bit on decel the went away took it home no smoke at idle or normal driving.

Any ideas, thinking the turbo is taking a crap again

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Also my pcv system is this

04c876fbd8816ed5547af6fcc982ef5c.jpg

The two hoses are -8an going to a catch.

I haven't installed a hose going from pre turbo to the catch can either it going to do that this weekend do you think that can be related

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Your post is a little hard to understand. Some punctuation would help.

If I follow correctly you had blue smoke one time one a hard acceleration in 2nd gear, up to 5000 rpm. Normal driving produces no smoke. Is that right?

How rich does it run? Give us AFR #s.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Ya sorry about the punctuation kinda went off without proof reading.

Yes. Afr went to 10 when I punched it. Then started to rise back up. Wasn't looking at it the whole time.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
10:1 isn't very rich, all things considered. Certainly not enough to produce a noticeable amount of smoke.

Blue smoke is an indication of oil burning. I'd do a compression test (always a good diagnostic test) and then check the intercooler piping for oil residue. Those are relatively easy tests that might point you in the right direction.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the catch can needs some sort of vacuum as well. need some sort of vacuum on the crank case.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
So started it up today and the turbo went... guess I found the problem

I want to get a bolt on sp turbo plan was to get it in the winter and put my standalone and bigger injectors in but looks like I need a turbo now so can I run a bigger turbo for a month with out a tune stock ecu stock injectors or is it a bad idea

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
And I'm torn between the 5831 or the 6262 I'm shooting for a solid 450whp I have everything done for supporting mods have ecu ready to go in just need turbo and injectors

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Turbo seals second time with this turbo. Starts pouring oil down the eshaust side.

I have a -an feeding it and a straight -10an to the pan. No over boost nothing. The turbo was original to the motor before the rebuild. I did a rebuild on it. Blew after 100 miles. Just did this one about 200 miles ago. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I have rebuilt 5 turbo all out of diesels trucks pushing a lot more boost and not one has a issue. But I'm giving up on this one. I'm not gunna send it out to get done if I'm gunna be buying a bigger turbo in a few months.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Sounds like the 5831 would get the job done and spool a few hundred RPM sooner than the 6262. It's rated at 585hp.
The 6262 it rated at 705hp, but will spool a few hundred RPM slower than the 5831. What's a few hundred, 300... 1200rpm? I don't know. They do have a dbb option for the 6262, but will that level the playing field as far as spool goes? Either way the 6262 will have more head room so when you get bored of 470rwhp you can crank it up some more.