new mkiii owner in pa

boostrwd23

Beast
Apr 22, 2012
Wagontown, PA, United States
veedubin;1836880 said:
Awesome! How many other members are "local"?
BTW; either of you need 7M parts? Gotta get rid of them ASAP - taking up much needed space in the shop; not to mention tying up funds for my 2J swap....

I've got lots of 7m parts that came with the car, I'm trying to get rid of some.. got a complete ge and a complete gte with harness to rebuild and swap in when money comes around

boostrwd23

Beast
Apr 22, 2012
Wagontown, PA, United States
worm611;1841707 said:
I'm in Ephrata, PA as well. Welcome to the threads! I know where wagontown is, home of Jim Croche, but I don't get down that way much anymore.

thats not too far, car just died so it's off the road right now but it just speeded up the rebuild process, once I get it back on the road we'll have tip get to a meet

worm611

Mine is under upgrade status as well. Have most everything ordered, or sitting in my garage as eye candy. Will be a little time till she's running again, but gotta do it right, I can't stand finishing something and having it break down, that just pisses me off and makes me want to sell it. So, have a lot of work to do, but we'll get it done.

What are you thinking your going to do? Any idea why it died?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
worm611;1842085 said:
http://www.facebook.com/worm611

I have a few pictures posted up there. Those were ones the seller sent to me. I saw yours twice but you were going the oposite direction as me. I'm down on Washington Ave, not a lot of traffic down that way. Its sitting in my garage at the moment.

Put a couple pics on my profile, hopefully you can see them.

A couple of thoughts with your post...and FB page.....

:eek2:​
HOLY MOTHER OF BABY JESUS! There is a Supra THAT CLEAN in the little Po-dunk town of Ephrata, Pennsylvania!?!?!?!?!?!?

:aigo: :aigo: :aigo:​
Now that that is out of the way..... Yea, hold on, still picking my jaw up off of the floor...

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, Did you ever have the car at TSE's Speed shop (like right after getting it?)

I remember hearing about a guy who had a mint black Supra shipped in a while back.

BTW when did you see mine? She's been out of commission for exactely 1 year now. Oh I used to live on Walnut St right on the corner of lincoln and walnut :biglaugh:

worm611

Yeah, I know Todd, I had it in there shortly after I got it, and thanks for the compliments! There is actually a LOT of stuff in Ephrata you rarely see that are sweet rides!

I saw a supra sitting on Walnut, but only once or twice and from the rear end, and never again there. Never got a really good look at yours but it looks very straight! When it was on walnut street I'd have to say that was over a year ago, and when I passed you I can honestly say I don't know for sure. You were at the light at Bethany Rd and 322, and another time I saw you heading down towards Walmart on 322.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
worm611;1842110 said:
Yeah, I know Todd, I had it in there shortly after I got it, and thanks for the compliments! There is actually a LOT of stuff in Ephrata you rarely see that are sweet rides!

I saw a supra sitting on Walnut, but only once or twice and from the rear end, and never again there. Never got a really good look at yours but it looks very straight! When it was on walnut street I'd have to say that was over a year ago, and when I passed you I can honestly say I don't know for sure. You were at the light at Bethany Rd and 322, and another time I saw you heading down towards Walmart on 322.

I know what you mean about the "hidden gems" Years ago there was an old man with a 355 spider in bright yellow living in Denver

The one you saw on Walnut was/is my baby. The wife and I moved out of there about a year and a half ago. The car is fairly straight - but still has a ton of flaws that are slowly being worked out. When I bought it it was a rag tag beater, and is unfortunately still in that status. The front end was replaced with parts from a 90 N/A I had a few years back. So that's why the front end is matte black. But the body work will come after she's on the road again. Right now it's under the knife for a 2JZGE-T swap. I finally finished all the fab work and wiring for it. So hopefully this weekend I'll give a go at getting her fired up.

BTW if you ever order and vinyl graphics/decals from Todd, my wife and I are the ones who supply those for him. :D

Here's a few links to the photo "galleries" of the Supra.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.101281593224801.2929.100000288830019&type=3&l=0e2147b865

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.356790467673911.90234.100000288830019&type=3&l=fb9425f9d4

So when is yours coming back on the road? Be really cool to have 2 black Supra's stalking the roads around here :evil2:

And if your into spirited back-mountain-road driving, let me know. I've been cruising the mountains in Reinholds area for the last few days and I have found a ton of good roads that are going to be played upon once mine is up and running again. :naughty:

Last edited:

worm611

Wow, but yes, they are all over! Mine isn't mint, not by far, and it doesn't have a 2J in it either! lol But its a good start, I'm keeping with the 7M till it blows or...well, maybe or first, haha.

Sorry to be hogging up the original posters thread!!