new lighting idea

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
p1034268_1.jpg

i'm never going to spill the beans!!! :naughty: i'm still on the first phase i still got the fuel/oilpressure/boost to finish but these 3 will fly for now! and it's super bright brighter than the defi gauge i have! :naughty:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Not feelin' the yellow km/h numbers or needles, can you somehow make those red like the boost gauge? Other than that, I like it, it's sweet. Seems bright ass hell.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
May be it is not that bright at all and because of the camera therefore it looks to be TOO bright. White is pretty nice. I have blue LEDs in my cluster and i love it.

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
Nocheez;1034445 said:
Or you could just pull the condoms off of the bulbs in the back of the cluster...

whats that have to do with led's?

Poodles;1034339 said:
too bright...

and green/red is used for a reason ;)

green/red is ugly and i' mdoing the same theme as my defi gauge/lexus

ViR2;1034338 said:
IMO looks good, but also, could be a little bit dimmer ;)
there's a secret to it, i did mention first phase! it's not done

CTsupra;1034333 said:
Way to bright.
working on it!

Justin;1034326 said:
That's nice an all, but does it black itself out when you turn off the ignition? ;)
Looks great man.
thinking ahead of ya already! :naughty:

Supra28;1034325 said:
Not feelin' the yellow km/h numbers or needles, can you somehow make those red like the boost gauge? Other than that, I like it, it's sweet. Seems bright ass hell.
it's FACTORY YELLOW so there's nothing i can do about it, it's the same light source for all the gauges so there is nothing i can do about until i figure something out

suprastanger507mgte;1034293 said:
wait...did you just use those HID bulbs in your gauge??? lol
Look clean Eric. I like white light. Makes the cluster very modern when lit up.
yes thats the whole point, don't want no (gay green lights up in my car like most mk3's)

suprarx7nut;1034291 said:
How bright is the oil pressure gauge?

it's the same as the fuel gauge, i'm still working on it

it's not everybody's cup of tea, but if it's nothing good about it, keep it to yourself i'm not here to please people

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Awwww, and I was hoping to be the first one with true white illumination.... serves me right for putting off the etching of the boards.

Looks great!

So, did you wet sand the backs of the faces?