new lex no fix no codes

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75350
I checked my afm. It was bad. Got my lex afm today (Stock 440s)dont scald. That is my old thread.
Basically cant rev it over 5000k sometimes 2000k, sometimes it revs out. Timing is good. Tps checks out. No codes. No visual boost leaks. swapped out ignitor. New wires. I found small amounts oil in spark plug wells. I am going to try and clean them out tomorrow.
I dont have the afm codes so lex worked. I have reset my ecu. Thoughts?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
what do you mean by cant rev it over 5k? like does it cut out? lose power? whats it do? my guess would be your car is running to lean with the lex and stock injectors.. do you have a wideband and safc of some kind?? you can do stock injectors and lex if they are tuned right.. however that still maxes out your injectors

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It'll run like ass for the first 500 miles or so. My car as well as suprafanatic's both ran hella lean when we put a lexus on with stock injectors. The TCCS takes time to adjust to the change.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
if the AFM fails, take the actual sensor box out the lexus AFM, and put it in the stock hosuing until you can afford injectors

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
Sorry for the wait. I did switch out the electronics. I reset the ecu. It has black smoke coming out the back now (running rich). WOT it will cut out. then die down to 2000k and kind of jerk or die. It know has a back fire on decel.

I double check the timing and the tps. still no codes. I can also smell unburned fuel in the cabin not raw. Must be shitty plantium plugs.

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
I replaced the pump about a year ago. ( doesnt mean anything except I might of f'd something up) Yes Im running rich(black smoke). I pushed down on the tops of my plug wires and it started running better. It feels like I might have shorter plugs. I read about them in another post.