New intake finished!!! (pics)

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
Just thought I would share a little bit ... I would like to thank Rob Jackson for all the work he put into this ... the manifold was constructed completely from scratch with the exception of the head plate and each runner was flow tested individually to ensure even flow each runner was tested at 28" of water the individual runners flow 398 cfm + or - 2% . I would also like to thank Wes Beach for the beautiful custom fuel rail , water pump pulley and alt bracket without the help from you guys my car would not be what it is...

thank you
7m_runners.jpg

7m_complete1.jpg

7m_complete2.jpg

7m_complete3.jpg

7m_complete3.jpg

7m_complete5.jpg

Jason

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Very nice looking piece! Did you guys use velocity stacks and mount them in the base or just machine a radius into it? Also how did they oval/square the tubing to match the ports? When I did my complete custom it was a pain in the ass but I also made it a long runner not short!

But very cool!

Seth

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
What kind of machine shop would create something like this for myself. I'm basically looking to have a custom intake manifold, headers, etc. made, but haven't a clue where to look.

BTW that is a beautiful display of craftsmanship, I'm jealous. I :Heart: your Supra

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
What will be your cost of building this? And total cost of the entire project? That would include the FFIM, a new intercooler with ports on opposite ends, new IC pipe routing, and relocation brackets. Also, is that your alternator in the A/C location? It looks like it, but I can't be sure in that pic. Did you have to delete the A/C to do this?

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
ForcedTorque;1224445 said:
What will be your cost of building this? And total cost of the entire project? That would include the FFIM, a new intercooler with ports on opposite ends, new IC pipe routing, and relocation brackets. Also, is that your alternator in the A/C location? It looks like it, but I can't be sure in that pic. Did you have to delete the A/C to do this?

Forgive me I feel the only stupid question is the one unasked, but what does FFIM mean? If i were to guess i'm going to assume "Full Fabricated Intake Manifold" ??? do I win a cookie or 64 silver coins?

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
super.secret.supra.club;1224457 said:
Front Facing Intake Manifold.

very nice, good looking quality too! whats the power goal your looking to make?

ed.d.

Thank you for that bit o education, can these be bought or have to be custom fabricated? thanks in advance

Zer0

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
most of them have to be custom fabricated. though some of the vendors/fabricators on here might have one for sale already.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
What all has to be changed (if anything at all) to fit up a FFIM. and whats the abbr for a turbo manifold where the turbo faces forward? somthing like FFTM?? just a guess. I've always been a fan of the FFIM (yay, got to use it knowing what it means) and the front facing turbo like the one here in this thread. Anyways thanks for the edu, i really appreciate it mucho lotsa. ROFL

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
ForcedTorque;1224481 said:
Ron Ramirez is the most popular fabricator, but many have been taking on the task themselves. Some look better than others, and the one in this thread looks really nice.

Ron's work is awsome, but don't forget Seth (sethron71)! He has some nice pieces as well.