New import mag.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Not sure if this is old news but hanging out at hastings today like many other days i found a new title in the car magazine section.

Project Car Magazine No.01

It looks like a fairly bold move from a group of involved import enthusiasts that know what people want to read about and learn about, I took a gander at it and ended up reading the whole thing front to back in one sitting and i must say i was impressed by it so much that i showed my support by actually buying a copy. Bassically take all of the cool stuff SCC used to feature such as affordable mods and step by step guides that most people on real world budgets would be likely to afford and go out and try. What really impressed me is that they pay attention to cars that you, me, and some of the people in our neighborhoods actaully drive, not mint condition rhd skylines and nsx reviews.

The cool factor of it is that they take 3 cars that are fairly common and go through the most popular mods from engine to suspension to body mods but on a budget. They covered a Civic Ex, a 90 dsm gsx, and a 240sx with stock specs and performance and after specs with step by step guides on how they got things to work well.

anyway just thought i'd give them some attention here on the forum, maybe we can get them to do a mkIII and help them do it right?

prjcarye7.jpg

projcar2im6.jpg

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Nice finally a down to earth car mag. Looks like I might pick up a copy and jump on the subscription list.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Wow...Definately my kind of magazine! I always loved reading tech articles, project cars, and most importantly, I LOVE details! :D SportCompactCar & Turbo were really the only two magazines that strike any sort of interest to me...but this looks to be very promising. I'm going to run to CVS and look for it tonight. :) Good find.

Jeff

*EDIT* You want to know my favorite thing about this magazine?

And I shit you not, actually made me smile to see a REGULAR car on the front of a magazine. :) Damn near brings tears to my eyes...:)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
The reason i liked it so much is i've either owned, worked on, driven or raced all the cars in that magazine! Makes me want to pick up my friends 240 for $1500.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
HellsLegion said:
Where did you find it?

Hastings, its in the first line of my first post, it's a huge chain of stores that sell "books, music and games" i think they're home office is somewhere in texas but i know the magazine is out of Cali so you should be able to find it.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I found a copy of that magazine ( Project Car's or whatever..) at a store here in Japan. It looks like a decent mag though I understand it is put together in part by those wonderful folks over at Super Street?! Am I correct? I also found another mag out that is produced by the good folks at Import Tuner called Siphon. Its supposed to be about small "B segment" cars like the Toyota Vitz, Scion's, & Honda's Fit.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
old thread revival! Anyway, after readign through this magazine (a friend bought it) i am quite impressed! They covered each car very well adn even warned about ebay parts! Honestly i recommend this magazine to your friends who own a dsm, rx-7 hell any car thats tuner related. I wonder if they will do a mark 3 next :D

spitfire

Nov 4, 2006
Rolla, MO
I just got the magazine and I was really impressed! Does anyone know if they are taking subscriptions yet? I cant find a website.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
HellsLegion said:
Oh, I wasnt aware hastings was a store haha.

Im sure can find it at borders or barnes and nobel
Yeah I saw a copy of it at my barnes&noble. Or maybe it was booksamillion... Both should have it anyways.