new IC. did i pay to much??

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
well i actualy bought it used but i think i got a pretty good deal on it. its and ARC. I have some pics but there from my cell phone so there kinda shitty. he had it on his car when i went to look at it and it seemed like it worked good. we drove his car for about 10 min and on the last little bit he pushed 2 and 3rd gear to redline to really get the turbos spoolin becasue i wanted to see how hot the pipe coming out of the IC would be and it was not warm at all. IT seemed pretty efficent. the pipe before the IC was very hot to the touch.
LMK what you guys think of the deal

I payed 375 canadian :aigo:

ps. how would i clean it to make it look all shinny and new agian. wet sand or something??? :1zhelp:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 34

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
w/ pipes that not a bad deal in my opinion. i paid $900 for my previous setup.

to clean it up, all you need is some scotchbrite pads, fine sandpaper, and some polish. id recommend real polish w/ the pad and rouge.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
dbsupra90 said:
w/ pipes that not a bad deal in my opinion. i paid $900 for my previous setup.

to clean it up, all you need is some scotchbrite pads, fine sandpaper, and some polish. id recommend real polish w/ the pad and rouge.
Or Satin Black Paint ;)

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
well its good to know i made a good deal. kinda went into the deal blind. i wasnt sure if it was a good deal because im not really sure how good a name arc was. thanks for the imput

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Not a bad price especially if the pipes were included and are complete.

** I paid more than twice that for a custom spearco core bar and plate IC, when you can get them these days for next to nothing. **

So yeah, you got yourself a deal.
Pressure test it and make sure there are no leaks. ;)

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ya i got the pipes with it. and ya im going to pressure test it. sucks i dont even own a supra.lol looking right now but havnt found the right one. i want one that is super clean. but no luck at all yet. not much to choose from here in canada. thinking about this car. http://www.tyeeimports.com

the supras look like there pretty nice. but im very interested in 2 of them. the ones on row 11 and 12 on the far right.
Stock #4591 and #4599

what do you guys think.
ps. the intercooler came off a 1jz

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
yea make sure to pressure test it.

I filled a 7m one with water, it leaked from like 3 places.

Sealed up with JB weld.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ever notice that IJ doesn't have a single pic of his car in one piece sitting on the ground looking like a real car?

never gonna get those fins prefectly shiny again anyways, personally it's form follows function. IJ just hates shiney stuff and goes to great lengths to kill them...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
rofl

it's....salmon colored

and why would you keep full pics off the net? not like it could possibly look worse than mine...(tree fell on the front)