"New" HKS Silent Hi Power Exhaust Review

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
So currently on my car I have the Blitz Nur SpecR, and I do love the exhaust. Before the Blitz I had the HKS Super Dragger and I like that exhaust also, except the fact that it was not full stainless. When I got the Blitz I liked that it was full stainless and would last for the life of the car. Over the years the loudness and drone and vibration have got to me finally, it did not bother me as much when I was younger. :biglaugh: I had been looking for something in full stainless but not as loud. I noticed that HKS was making a new Silent Hi-Power exhaust for the MKIII. I am not sure how long it has been out. I pulled the trigger and ordered one from THMotorsports, it was in stock in the US so it was fast delivery and the price was the best that I have found. I have not installed the exhaust yet, but after opening the box I was very pleased with what I see. The connector at the cat is 75mm, but then expands to 85mm the rest of the way. It has a good sized pre-muffler, so the sound should be more bearable, especially with the “silent” muffler design.

It looks like it might hang at an angle, I will post more pics and video after I get it on. I am pleased that HKS is making a nice exhaust for the MKIII.

HP1.jpgHP2.jpgHP3.jpgHP4.jpg

FredMk3

mk3 for life!
Mar 30, 2005
Sept-Iles/Quebec
www.cardomain.com
That exhaust has been out for quite some times now. At least 10 years. You don't see it in many stores on the web. You just had to ask specifically for it and is a special order from Japan. I bought it in 2006 from Horsepower Freaks. I'm happy it's still available, cause quite frankly I think its the best sounding cat-back for the mk3.
Yes it does sit at a slight angle. The fit and finish of that exhaust is flawless. Full stainless, pretty welds. The sound is just perfect too. Quiet at idle hot ( louder when cold obviously) , slightly more then stock when cruising or light acceleration. Its just loud when you really get on it but not too loud so you hear the turbo spool with ease. Not harsh at all with a nice deep growl.

I've attach some pics so you see how it fits. That's some really old pics tho ( 2006, lots of things as change on my supra since, lol ). I had to remove the axle-back portion a few years ago cause of a cop who gave me a ticket for having a exhaust that "looks" not stock, not because it was "loud". I plan on putting it back on soon. I'm running a dynomax muffler/axle-back I made myself with the HKS Silent middle portion/resonator as of now. It pretty much sounds like the whole HKS sounded before.

You will love that exhaust! :icon_bigg . From what I know, the sound is very comparable to the HKS Super Dragger .

Attachments

• supra 060.jpg
    supra 060.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 65
  • supra 058.jpg
    supra 058.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Nice, im running the dragger exhaust and I don't ever want to get rid of it but when I got it the fact that it wasn't fully stainless was the only thing I did not like

however I was told it looked like it had a better coating/paint compaired to an older version and is holding up very well considering it has been on my car since 2008

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
Thanks for the information, I had read that they were available but I have never seen anyone running one. I loved the Super Dragger, so I am excited about the sound comparison.

I would not be surprised if they did a better of job with the paint on the Super Dragger, I bought mine in originally in 1999. I would have hoped that they would have made advancements in the paint.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Yeah its the only reason I considered the blitz and tanabe

Post up a video if you get a chance

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
This exhaust is one of the best out there, my cousin had the exact one on his car. It won't drone like the blitz, I have an Apexi N1 and it's pretty much identical to the earlier version of the HKS Silent power. Very quite but the sound is amazing. They both sound almost identical too. You'll love this exhaust. Please let us know how it goes. I'd love to find another N1 but they don't come in stainless. I've already tried to coat my to protect it from the weather but there isn't much you can do. With daily wear and terrible road conditions here and there it's just a matter of time.

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
I guess you guys would hate my exhaust. Lol, I have a Driftmotion catback exhaust and its nice and loud....just the way I like it! The midpipe has only a resonator; the midpipe is also designed for no cats. It does come with a silencer though....but its way too restrictive.

image (1).jpg

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I thought about getting that exhaust but have a better muffler welded on because it's full stainless, this will only happen after my Apexi is all rotted. At the same time no because it's only a 3" and with the HKS and Apexi it opens to 85mm after the cat flange.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
That looks almost identical to my Trust Power Extreme II exhaust system.

p2052327_1.jpg

If it sounds the same, then you are golden. I haven't heard a better exhaust yet, except maybe a Burnsstainless.

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I have a video of mine I can try to dig up so you guys can hear what the Apexi sounds like. That trust is also one of the other similar designed, there are a few identical designs from all the companies with slight differences between them. The HKS hi power also came with a 2 bolt flanges between with 2 units and a 1 unit exhaust too. When installed and looking from the back you can't tell which one is which. I'm jealous of yall with stainless exhausts :(