New Hallman bc not going past 17 psi

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
The hell is this? I turned the knob all the way and its still at 17 psi, is this a bad bc, or is the wg not flowing enough? The wg is the one in the dm kit, tial 44 replica if I'm not mistaken, I imagine it should flow way more than it is tho. If and when I get my new bov welded on today I'll pressure test the system to see if its a leak.

So is that a Hallman problem? I read on a scoobie forum that he can only get 9 psi.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Just hooked up normally, what is the boost pressure? As a general rule, boost controllers can only go up to about double the stock pressure, beyond that, you need to change the spring.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Poodles;1888361 said:
Just hooked up normally, what is the boost pressure? As a general rule, boost controllers can only go up to about double the stock pressure, beyond that, you need to change the spring.

Even tho at half way up to full on the bc its the same psi? Hmm, and normal pressure you mean wg spring rating? That's 7 ish

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Poodles;1888375 said:
Won't matter, the pressure in the exhaust will force the wastegate open at some point.

That's what I thinking, wastegate springs too small, gotta see if Aaron has springs. Damn him for being out of the shop every time I need him.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
I thought I could get more psi out of the spring that's why i didn't think of it, but mods can close this thread, or delete it

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Don't need to close the thread it was useful for me.

I learned that ill need a new wastegate spring as I'm running the same wastegate you are.

Let me know what you find and where you find a spring for the wastegate

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Turbo Habanero;1888442 said:
Don't need to close the thread it was useful for me.

I learned that ill need a new wastegate spring as I'm running the same wastegate you are.

Let me know what you find and where you find a spring for the wastegate

I tried to order from extremePsi.com as that is where I got the spring for my tial bov and they're the cheapest, but had trouble with the check out. So I went thru importpartspro.com. bought a large blue and a small yellow, that's a 1.2 bar setup.