New Guy, just got a supra today

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Sup guys, I just bought a turbo MKIII today for $1300. It's all stock, I don't know much about cars, I'm more of a motorcycle guy but are there any mods I should put in it?:icon_bigg

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
mg89 said:
Sup guys, I just bought a turbo MKIII today for $1300. It's all stock, I don't know much about cars, I'm more of a motorcycle guy but are there any mods I should put in it?:icon_bigg

Maintenance.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
gtsfirefighter said:
$1300 bucks? Congratulations!! What's wrong with it?

Starter is burnt, we had to push start it to get it going. It came with a new starter it just needed to be installed. It's being installed at my grandpa's shop now. I'll get it back next Saturday when I go back to the Tri-Cities. Also, it needs a new head gasket and has a dent on both sides of the car, not big ones but dents. There are other minor little things that need to be fixed like the fog lights aren't working and the CD player is broken. But that's pretty much it. It also needs new struts.

It has around 10,000 miles on the rebuilt motor, over 100,000 on the transmission and is a 5spd. Passenger and Driver's seat is both ripped but I'll just put seat covers on them until I get new seats. It has new tires, and has a targa top. My dad had a turbo supra from 1987-2001 and I've always loved riding in it, so I felt pretty happy when I found the ad for my car. You can't find many supras for sale around here where I live, My dad had to drive all the way to Spokane while I was at school just to bring it to my Grandpa's shop. So I'll live with this one, its more than I can ask for anyways. I'm thinking about recording everything I'm going to fix in it and any modifications to use it as a Senior project.

Even if I can't use this is a senior project, it's still going to be a good project.

I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can once I get a camera. The only pictures I have now are the ones from the ad on craigslists so I'll probably post those, I used one as my avatar.

Last edited:

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
racingtoyota007 said:
:ttiwwp:

If you didnt know allready heres a great example lol
::bhg::

What Bikes you have :p

I have a rm125 and just sold my fzr600. I'd also have to say that this forum site looks a lot like dirtrider.net

cool

Last edited:

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Welcome to your new obsession and its expensive one at that it will bring you hate and joy oh BTW if your changing the headgasket dont follow the regular TSRM get some ARP head studs and and a metal headgasket and torque those bitches to like 85 lbs.

After that if your stock turbo is in good shape you may wanna look in to full 3 inch exhaust, Intake and hard pipes for the intercooler and a boost controller so you can up the boost to the Fuel cut limit.

ToOsLoW

Professional Smartass
Sep 11, 2006
Florida
Welcome to the family. We're a bit crazy at times....but...well you get the point. Definately get a metal HG and ARP's you'll thank yourself later. But it looks like a good start.