NEW GASKET AVALIBLE FOR 7M!!!!!!!!!!!!

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
what we've been waiting for it's a new sce gasket for the 7m this is a copper gasket from sce the oring is built in spoke with kaleb and he never received a stock head and block to work with but they can make it for our cars. One hang up is without a motor they cant put the built in rubber seals around the water and oil jackets. But he said no problem u CAN use copper spray to seal it up. The bore size is 85.7mm or 3.375in and whatever thickness u want. I will have mine on wensday and running by thursday will let u know the results

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
quake said:
what we've been waiting for it's a new sce gasket for the 7m this is a copper gasket from sce the oring is built in spoke with kaleb and he never received a stock head and block to work with but they can make it for our cars. One hang up is without a motor they cant put the built in rubber seals around the water and oil jackets. But he said no problem u CAN use copper spray to seal it up. The bore size is 85.7mm or 3.375in and whatever thickness u want. I will have mine on wensday and running by thursday will let u know the results

Mk3 owners apathy at work again.......

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Almost as many head gaskets as downpipes now. Iron block, copper head gasket, aluminum head. Three diff. growth rates all at once is FTW!!!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
They called me and I thought it was all arranged for them to come by and pick up a head and block for free for measurements to do the prototype, I never got a call back or email or anything.

I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up. I just didn't feel I should have to bug them to pick up something I was going to let them have for free.

Last edited:

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
bigaaron said:
They called me and I thought it was all arranged for them to come by and pick up a head and block for free for measurements to do the prototype, I never got a call back or email or anything.

I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up. I just didn't feel I should have to bug them to pick up something I was going to let them have for free.

Yea, I forwarded you're guy's phone number to Ryan. He obviously must have been in touch with you guys. Kind of :icon_evil that they hav'nt fully followed through though.

Let me know how it goes with them on the phone tomorrow.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
This is the last email SCE and I have shared, it was the 30th of April, so I sent them another message -
Aaron of SCE said:
Hello John,

Well, we just received our second batch of FKM sealant to test for use on the Supra gaskets. This is the material that will enable us to “rubber stamp” our gaskets as streetable. Right now the sealant we are currently using “silicone” is not resistant to the chemicals in today’s oils and coolants, which is really limiting us to high horsepower engines that require a freshen up ever 1 or 2 years. The only other material out there that is resistant is Viton and that test went bad, really bad, like ruined tooling kind of bad. So hopefully on this test, the chemists have sent us the right mix and we can actually get a chance to apply it to a test gasket and see how it first of all works with the tooling, bonds with the copper and holds its shape. So, until all of this testing is done and we put a gasket in a motor and see how it runs, it might still be a few weeks before we say that this is a go or a no-go.

Thanks for your help and patience,
Aaron Hunter
SCE Gaskets Inc.
Purchasing Director/ Inside Sales
aaronh@scegaskets.com
www.scegaskets.com
661-728-9200

Nick, they had the wrong information regarding the 7M's bore. I believe they are shooting now for an 84mm bore on the gasket.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
gasket is 85.7 and i will have one on wensday cost was 260$ shipped. Without the engine they cant mock up the seals for around the water passages so he said to spray it with copper sealer. This is a freshly assembled motor by me so we will know real soon how good it is