New from the UK

MikeUK

Feb 28, 2016
Teesside, NE England
Hey guys! I've had my Mk3 Supra a while now but never got around to posting here. Tried a few UK forums but support for this wonderful car over here is terrible and the UK based forums are next to useless unless you give them money. I picked up a 1990 Mk3 Turbo Auto. I munch a lot of miles so auto is good for me. Discovering it's a very good auto box on the Supra too, much better than the auto Honda I had years ago which felt like it was full of custard.

Anyway here she is; the only picture I have which was taken just after purchase on an overcast day.

First Picture.jpg

I've not done much to it yet, it's a bit scruffy and it's screaming for a full service inc belts, oil, coolant, all ignition components, which will be done very soon indeed. The paint is passable but I think it may be been painted by Stevie Wonder's dog with how some of the masking (or lack of it) was done so I'm starting a fund for a future complete respray in white.

I've just bought several thousand dollars worth of items from Aaron at Driftmotion and am looking forward to getting stuck in. I'll be:

• Removing and refurbishing both subframes with polybushes.
  • Removing and refurbishing complete suspension front and back with polybushes, new springs and shocks.
  • Refurbishing wheels which are relatively rare jap alloys that the idiot previous owner has curbed to hell and back.
  • Removing and rebuilding complete brake system, ditching previous owners horrible (and out of place??) green colour scheme for a more modest gloss black to match wheels.
  • Completely rebuilding CT26 turbo.
  • New 3 inch exhaust and downpipe, complete decat (UK law allows this, don't need a hi-flow cat).
  • Silicone coolant and vacuum pipes throughout.
  • Apexi power intake.
  • New cam belt, tensioner, all new aux belts.
  • A/C regassed by Toyota, no one else around here will do it.
  • General quality of life improvements like correctly routed oil catch can, better oil lines, better pump line in sump, new oil squirters, etc.
  • Replacing all dash bulbs with correctly rated LED's. Most of the dash bulbs don't even work currently.

I own a garage and have space so she'll be going on the hydraulic lift and I'm doing all the paint on the subframe etc myself using Eastwood products which I've used before and find them superior to powder coating.

I'll make sure to post a build thread of course when I actually start it, which may not be until summer due to previous work commitments taking up space on the hydraulic lift.

MikeUK

Feb 28, 2016
Teesside, NE England
Yep! That's my motto with every car. :D

Spent the day pulling wiring that the idiot previous owner had not bothered removing from previous installs that weren't even connected anymore. Miles and miles and miles of wiring doing absolutely nothing, including a very heavy old fashioned control box for an old style mobile car phone hidden under a seat. There is no car phone fitted, nor an aerial for one, for a very very long time.

Blegh.