New forum layout, IMO better then the old!

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
I liked the darker colors of the old forum also liked the more (I know this sound weird) Boxyish style of the older forum, this forum lets off like a new car... more curves and bubles when the mk3 had small curves and more lines :)

I dono just always thought the old board let off a more pressional look and it was unique, when this lets off the average 12 year old computer kid can make.

lets just say to me the old forums was say Newgrounds.com (only thing I could think of that was a professional looking website) and this forum looks more like a small time kids angelfire or geocitys website lol.

J

JerzeySlowpra

this setups alot nicer than the old school SM, i like all the new options and crap too, good work

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Shags, I know what you mean. We aim to implement some different styles, so that you can pick what format you would rather view everything in, but that takes some time. As of right now, we're more worried about getting the users re-registered, getting the structure setup, and taking care of the little things that make a big difference.

Building a new style is days of work, possibly weeks. It took me just over 6 weeks to write a style for phpBB, and at that, it still had bugs, plus I hadn't even started on fixing the admin section.

I'm not saying it won't happen, quite the opposite. I'm just asking that you folks cut us some slack while we work on it.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
FWIW, I think you guys have done an awesome job so far. It's weird, for the first time I feel this forum has a lot potential and it has me pretty hyped up about it. As for the styles I here you there, I helped redesign my schools forum style and it was a PITA. But then again we did it the hard way.

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
::little red hearts floating around head, dreamy look in eyes, a single tear on cheek::

"lumiblue, where have you gone... why have you left me... :( "

-shaeff

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Check this out fellow members!
go to
User CP
Edit Options
At the lower right hand section, you can select LumiBlue as a forum skin.
It reminds me of the old one:D
Thanks GrimJack! Awesome work!

By the way, Huge thanks goes to our three admins: GrimJack, Jeff Lange, & Supracentral (Mike Donohue AKA AAP Motorsports) for getting the site up as fast as they did. I STILL can't believe how fast you guys got the site back up!!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hehehe... feel free to check out LumiBlue if you like. It certainly isn't ready for a real release yet, it is still very much a work in progress.

You will surely notice changes in there as I work on it.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
I like the new format, but it seems like there are fewer threads per page than before. Any way to adjust this?

edit: I've found how to adjust the posts per page in a thread, but not the threads per page in a section?

Last edited: