new exhaust

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
ever since i can remember ive been a hater of the fart can. but eversince i heard the titan motorsports supra ive been wanting to put a muffler on my car. my question is, i have 3" exhaust all the way back, if i buy the same muffler as the titan motorsport supra will it sound the same? if not, does anyone have any suggestions on a non fart sounding muffler? any helps appreciated thanks,
adam

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It's very hard to get a Supra to make the fart can Honda sound.

They all sound pretty nice. HKS, Blitz, Tanabe, etc... Pick one.

And no, your Supra probably won't sound exactly like the Titan car just because you have the exhaust. Will probably still sound good though.

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
MK3.0dudeman;889863 said:
your car should sound good like some esle said it's hard to fuck up the sound of a supra unless you swaped a honda motor in it LOL:naughty:

lol, ok, ya those damn hondas... lol

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
ok guys i drive both a supra AND A HONDA and i for one am so tired of the fuking ricers buying a twenty dollar muffler from auto zone and callin it performance, i have an apexi N1 metal (black) turbo muffler on my 06 SI and it sounds so good, its not bumble bee like at all, its very deep and very very profound, just to make that point, not all hondas suck ass, but most of em do

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
PROJECT N00b;890766 said:
the HKS sport exhaust i have on my NA sounds good to me. not too loud, and sounds totally sexy.

right on, thats good, cause i live up a hill and i wouldn't wanna listen to something loud all the way up the hill lol. ill have to check into the hks one. thanks

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Like others have been saying, it is very hard to make the Supra sound like shit. Boosted cars will usually have a smoother deeper tone, not to mention the supra is a 3L straight 6... not a 1.6/1.8 4 cylinder with 2" exhaust to a can with a 5" tip on it.

Here is how mine sounds:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dfS-L9HCmdU

Exhaust:
-Stock Turbo Elbow
-Modified stock 2.5-3 DP
-3" DP back exhaust with only 1 bend at the rear to angle the muffler.

My camera makes it sound a little bit droany during the drive, but it's not that bad at all, I think camera picked up the really low frequencies a little too well.

You can see how the exhaust is made in this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R2qthzOIW-A&feature=user