New EXHaust System out on the market for our cars...

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Put-it-in-your-Mouth said:
You guys with that too pricey shit are GAY. $500 for that exhaust is a great price.
you have to PAY TO PLAY, go buy a POS crushbent 3" from any exhaust shop for $150 and see how long it will last, plus the fact that performance is gonna suck.

if your price range is not around $500 thats fine, thats understandable, maybe you should be looking for something used but of the same quality, but dont go calling Shit expensive when its not. fucking cheap ass mk3 owners piss me off

A fool & his money is soon parted. Can I afford to spend a lot of money on my MKIII? Absolutely. Could I afford a MKIV? Absolutely. Do I waste my money on stupid shit? Not a chance in hell, but waste yours if you feel the need.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
rakkasan said:
A fool & his money is soon parted. Can I afford to spend a lot of money on my MKIII? Absolutely. Could I afford a MKIV? Absolutely. Do I waste my money on stupid shit? Not a chance in hell, but waste yours if you feel the need.
Ditto Rakkasan!

Good post, not all of us Mk3 guys are low budget or Mk4 wannabes :)!

silver88turbo

Former Owner
Mar 30, 2005
Illinois
SS turbo elbo + 3" mandrel + Catco high flow cat (soon to come out) + Magnaflow (straight through) 3" in / 2 x 2.5" out = ~$900 and one of the best sounding and looking exhausts on a MKIII ever.

I do understand how you guys would like a resonator though but this Magnaflow is really mellow. And whats with the fart cans guys? ;)

exhaust_underside.jpg

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
I dont consider my HKS Carbon/Ti to be a fartcan because my exhaust does not sound like a fart, which is why they are named as such.

My entire exhaust system from turbo back cost me around $700. BIC DDP, BIC RaceTestpipe w/cutout, custom catback with Carbon/Ti. Sound like a fart? I think not. I had a guy with a full exhaust 5.0 Stang tell me my exhaust sounds mean. Thats what Im talkin about, and thats exactly the kind of reaction I want.

Believe it or not, for some reason, the actual HKS canister does indeed sound a lil bit better than the knock-off brand. Im not just sayin that because I have one, because before I got a killer deal on my catback, I was intending to run a knock-off N1 canister. Had it sitting in my room for a couple months. BUT, Ive always loved the way the HKS Carbon/Ti looked and sounded on the MKIV's, so when I saw this catback for sale, i jumped on it. I've heard the knock-off Carbon/Ti and for some reason, it didnt sound as good as mine. The canister itself was a little bit smaller in diameter, this may have been why. Im not sure, just saying, it didnt sound the same. It wasnt terrible, but just wasnt the same.

If I had not gotten such a good deal, and this budget exhaust was avaliable, I would jump all over it. Its cheap, stainless, 3 inch, looks good. Whats not to like?

silver88turbo

Former Owner
Mar 30, 2005
Illinois
Bigdough666 said:
I dont consider my HKS Carbon/Ti to be a fartcan because my exhaust does not sound like a fart, which is why they are named as such.

Im not knockin anyones setup man....I was just giving you guys some shit. No offense intended.