New Driftmotion Intercooler Kit

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
HMNGSupraMKIII;1869618 said:
So I'm guessing this was a pretty easy install then? I'm assuming the front bumper has to come off? To put the intercooler inside and take the old one out.

I'm not sure if you have to with the stock intercooler since I already had a front mount, but I didn't need to take off the bumper to install it. Just had to raise the front end a little to get in there and raise the intercooler from underneath. It is a fairly easy install. Hardest part was getting the piping to fit onto the turbo from the bottom. But I don't have a stock turbo which this kit seems like it would fit better to.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Nope no need to remove the bumper cover or bumper itself. Just have to pull the under tray. The stock intercooler pipe that comes up through the passenger fender tends to be a pain in the ass get get out.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
i took off the bumper when i installed my FMIC kit. made life sooo easy. and the bumper isnt hard to remove/install, even for one person working alone.

i didn't notice much difference between stock and IC kit. i have the spearco replica w/ LIPP 2.5" hard pipe kit. it certainly looks nicer and i'm sure works better than the stock stuff, but i am still at stock boost levels so no big gains or changes were felt by me. (other mods = 3" turbo back exhaust w/ 3" high flow cat, apexi power intake)

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
not sure if you are talking to me... probably not since im using the spearco replica, not the cx racing one. just in case you were asking me :)P) i did not relocate my oil cooler, but i did make custom brackets to mount the IC. i did not have to cut or re-shape any part of the existing metal of the car to make it work.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
In my case I used the slotted brackets that were provided in the kit to mount the oil cooler off the horn mounting bolts. Keep in mind you will have to replace the oil line as the stock ones have hardline most of the way, which wont work if you try to move the cooler. A few feet of 3/8 oil line will work fine.